2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

BlueSky
This is all you get for the fuel cap?  Not much protection to keep water from getting in.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

Best Answer I Can Give
 People are amazing.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

Kevin
It's amazing how stupid people can be. I say fail it and move on

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

dano
Kevin wrote
It's amazing how stupid people can be. I say fail it and move on

Yeah Kev... Fail it for modified evap. and move on.....

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

smogido
I thought Diesel's don't have Evap... correct me if im wrong. pass for me.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

dano
smogido wrote
I thought Diesel's don't have Evap... correct me if im wrong. pass for me.
LoL!!!!!

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

BlueSky
Here are 2 more pictures...

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

scanner
BlueSky wrote
Here are 2 more pictures...

It looks like it's a pass.  That's the dust cap that comes from the factory

https://youtu.be/4TknAKhMTi0

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

Best Answer I Can Give
 My question is, Why did you look?

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

My question is, Why did you look?
If that question was directed at me, it was because the picture showed that there were no threads in the filler neck, and it appeared to me that the filler neck is self sealing.

I've never seen one come into the shop.   I don't do diesels very often.   You might have gotten my beta test position for the OIS because I didn't have any diesel tests during that period of time.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

Best Answer I Can Give
 No Blue. Why does one bother to look at a Diesel fuel filler?

 Plus you never Question the master Scanner.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

BlueSky wrote
This is all you get for the fuel cap?  Not much protection to keep water from getting in.
i assume thats what the fuel door is for to keep water out unless your ram 1500 is submersible water shouldn't be a problem.
  i hope whoever is saying fail is kidding and you didnt fail it right

looks like someone did create a solution, which just looks a whole lot better

https://dieselpowerup.com/dodge-ram-1500-2500-3500-capless-fuel-filler-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017/

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

They come in RED too.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

GreenSmoke
I think you are right.  I wouldn't fail it.  It looks factory.  I see to many unnecessary fails...

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

D Rochells 150861
Ok, I'm done sitting back and laughing.

For the record, diesel fuel does not evaporate, and as such it does not have an evap system. Furthermore, fuel cap integrity is not required for 1996 and up. So it does not matter if there is a cap, a rag, or a freaking dildo in the filler neck.

Pass

Also, CNG and other funny gas does not have EVAP. So make sure to put NA on that crap.

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

dano
Although it will actually eventually evaporate there is no guidelines I'm aware
of we fail it under...…

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

same here wasnt sure if OP was serious about the cap and the water issue

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

Yeah, I should have googled first. Slooooow evaporation. Interesting to note that a diesel fuel leak is not a fail, but due to the slow evaporation it is quite the safety hazard.

Why does CA and BARB only care about the air and not peoples safety?

Re: 2016 RAM 1500 Diesel

GreenSmoke
A swing and a miss for Dano...  Lol😂
12