2019 Slow

Re: 2019 Slowdid

none
The end of March seemed really slow here and April isn't off to a great start either for me. Have you guys been slow?

Re: 2019 Slowdid

Re: 2019 Slowdid

deathbysmog
Same, been a slow end of march and rolled right in to April.

Re: 2019 Slowdid

Best Answer I Can Give
 Down just a little. Less than 5 a day.

Re: 2019 Slowdid

ThePharmacist
Same here although, I'm sure it has to do with the local schools have been let out for spring break, in my area

Re: 2019 Slowdid

TSSxSB
March was definitely a bit soft coming from a super strong Jan and Feb.  Definitely hoping April doesn't follow suit, but this year's been unseasonably wet for us too so maybe it's due to the weather.

Re: 2019 Slow

Perv
Disturbingly slow this week.  Average 20/day, now I'm getting maybe 5 at the most!  Boss ain't too happy.  Buddy says he's only gotten 1 since last week!

Re: 2019 Slow

Samy
Mine use to be 10 to 15 a day now maybe 5. I did 2 yesterday that was harsh!

Re: 2019 Slow

kfworry
The Absent Owners might have a tough time financially, where as I am an Owner/Operator
with Zero Debt, a military retirement and social security
and Money In The Bank.
The shops in my area are slow too, we are not alone in the
Slow Down.

Re: 2019 Slow

Best Answer I Can Give
5 Days to TAXES.

Re: 2019 Slow

Could this have any significant influence?  I think possibly ...

Re: 2019 Slow

xcinlb
Maybe the 6 to 8 years exemption has slowed us all down.

Re: 2019 Slow

Re: 2019 Slow

If you're still turning inspections away because you're too busy then one logical explanation is that you haven't raised your prices high enough yet.

Re: 2019 Slow

Best Answer I Can Give
 Wonder how much the Fires have caused a slow down. Lost a lot of cars , so now they have new cars that do not need a smog.

Re: 2019 Slow

barrym95838 wrote
If you're still turning inspections away because you're too busy then one logical explanation is that you haven't raised your prices high enough yet.

NO, It takes a while to catch up and then the pendulum has swung too far and I would have to drop my price again. I figure my local shops would also raise prices and catch up but so far it hasn't happened. I've already been getting so flak for charging what I do on Yelp and other social media.

I figure with a ESP GEN3 at $450/month, if you raise your price only $5 per smog  you would need to still do 90 BAR97 smogs per month just to break even with having the old machine paid for.

Re: 2019 Slow

Best Answer I Can Give
 None, is the math wrong? To me you would NEED to do, AT $45. a car. 10 more to pay for the machine.
10 more a month times $45 is the $450.
You must be doing a lot of 99 and older. Once in a while we may get backed up on the 99's, but not enough to pay the extra.

 I feel Reputation is all you need. People will stick around if they KNOW they will not be cheated.
We just tell them the truth. We don't feel the volume is worth the extra $450.

Re: 2019 Slow

none
I'm talking how much you have to raise your price over the old machine that was paid for in order to have the same profit.

If you think that you could pay for a $450 machine by doing 10 smogs at $45 you are sadly mistaken. The true cost of running a business is MUCH higher than just that.

Re: 2019 Slow

Best Answer I Can Give
 YES I KNOW THAT, Plus the $45 is not money in the pocket. Each check always cost you money.
The simple math say's 10 more at 45 pays the machine.

 Running a shop takes a lot more than simple math.

Re: 2019 Slow

No One
45 - 8.25 = 36.75

36.75 x 10 = 367.50

How much is the transmission feeeeeeeeee now?
1234