2019 Slow

Re: 2019 Slow

Best Answer I Can Give
 This only points out the BULL of the whole thing. Math one way is this answer. Math another way is this answer.
The VARIABLES involved. The different ways at looking at a problem. Is the $45 just the inspection. Does it include the Cert+ the ET fee?

 The one size fits all crap the STAR system? To many variables to be a one size fits all.

Re: 2019 Slow

Re: 2019 Slow

xcinlb
All of our BAR 97 smogs are over $100 starting price. Even though we raised prices on 2018, we feel we need to again. Rent/lease of building is what kills us. Remember, as I always say, The same price complainers will complain no matter what your price is. Let them go to the guy dong smogs for $39 wearing out his equipment, and himself.

Re: 2019 Slow

gigantes888
I know some shops in San Jose area that charges $250 for OBD1 smogs and a minimum of $150 for OBD2 dyno smogs. Minimum $300 on any RV smogs. They don't think it's worth the risk of dinging their license. All it will take is a incorrect gear selection on automatic to lower their Star score. He gets away w/ them as well w/ 2-4 a day at that price.

Re: 2019 Slow

Ser Dan
99-97 is $40 over here
OBD1 is $50-$70

How much is it over at your shop?

Re: 2019 Slow

s94m
Who else here is slow... last year after taxes got busy but this year not so much.

Re: 2019 Slow

Peter
We are down by 80 smog this month April. We are in SoCal. It is this first time this is happening.

Re: 2019 Slow

xcinlb
Peter wrote
We are down by 80 smog this month April. We are in SoCal. It is this first time this is happening.
At least it's not just our shop. Last year was a good year. Are all the older car owners moving out of state? Rents/housing getting too expensive?

Re: 2019 Slow

s94m
8 year exemption is hurting everyone

Re: 2019 Slow

Re: 2019 Slow

xcinlb
none wrote
s94m wrote
8 year exemption is hurting everyone
I' sure that has hurt people in wealthy areas with mostly new cars but that's not the case for me though. I was already slower last year from the year before. I am sure that my decision to not upgrade the second BAR97 has a lot to do with it and my just being a little burned out and not trying to get every car in anymore has hurt my bottom line too.

My decision to close for a week and go on a vacation to CABO didn't help last month's numbers either but I'm glad I did.
So lucky for you None, is that it's your choice to take on less work. For us, it truly is slow, since we take on what comes to our shop, occasionally, if 10 customers come in at once, the last one may just leave, but nothing we can do about the flow rate. Funny how that happens, a bunch come it at once, then it's dead for a few hours.
Anyway, nice to hear you got to go to Cabo. Good choice.

Re: 2019 Slow

Re: 2019 Slow

Best Answer I Can Give
 Couple days back, guy said he was in and out of DMV in less than 30 minutes.

Re: 2019 Slow

s94m
Slow week so far. Who else?

Re: 2019 Slow

Peter
We are slow too since beginning of 2019. Down by 50%. I am moving to buy and sell vehicles. F---k Bar. You Fu--ck the smog test only small business. Now all this smog abatement fee of $25 fee/year going to BAR pocket. Fu--ck DCA and BAR.

Re: 2019 Slow

No One
Seriously, fuck that abatement fee and fuck this state with trying to squeeze as much as possible out of our pockets. If they are going to exempt, then exempt!! Its not like this state doesn't fuck us already with registration fees based on the value of our cars!!

Re: 2019 Slow

I don't feel the need to impress anyone, so I always drive dirty, faded, dinged-up hoopties.  I try to make sure they're mechanically sound, but that's about it.  I'm currently driving a '99 Suzuki Esteem Station Wagon, and I'll be replacing her with a '99 Mitsubishi Galant in a couple of months.

Re: 2019 Slow

No One
I'm the same way, but it pisses me off seeing 2017 diesels come in with a registration fee of $1500-1600

Re: 2019 Slow

s94m
Still slow... what is wrong with 2019

Re: 2019 Slow

xcinlb
Seems like its getting worse. I still think its the 8 year thing. Maybe the cycle will catch up? I don't see lots of new cars either, so who know?
1234