4:48 on a Friday.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Guy pulls up in a running on 3 Cyl VW van EXHAUST LEAKS Need I say more?

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

D Rochells 150861
Usually that means Burning Man is soon.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Just the Facts

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Usually the people limping in with vicious misfires and/or catastrophic fluid leaks want a "timing adjustment" or an A/C "check and charge" here.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Hard Nox
Late Friday afternoon. End of the month.  Always expect the Best of the Best.

Ragged ass supercharged Jaguar with faded out paint and headliner hanging down. driven in by a owner to match, not to mention trash in the interior (food wrappers and french fries between the seats).

Sweet machine.

Customer mentions intermittent Warning Lamp has been coming on, but is off now.

Pre Scanned this one, just on a hunch.
History Cat Code and 1 Incomplete Monitor.

Vehicle falls into the 96--99  ASM group.

What would you do?

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Test as received.  That's an everyday occurrence here, not just a last Friday of the month thing.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey I'm a big preacher of that. He would have been the 40th car we had seen. Had a good week.
It's just some days, and as I'm getting older they come more often. It's just Dude, Friday a 4:48 and you bring me that POS?

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Hard Nox wrote
What would you do?
If it is an initial test I would test it and take their money. I am playing by the established rules there.

If it was a retest for incomplete monitors I wouldn't test it.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Last car yesterday at 5:30, 2009 Hyundai from Illinois. Hood won't latch, last person to open and close it was the owner. Still she suggests I did something. I almost want to make the customer's open and close the hood before the test, but it doesn't happen frequently to make it worth the effort.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Take the money.  The idiots driving it just want that piece of paper to go to dmv and get the extension.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

none
Troll wrote
Take the money.  The idiots driving it just want that piece of paper to go to dmv and get the extension.
It would pass though.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

My Name is Nobody
Hard Nox wrote
What would you do?
If it is an initial test I would test it and take their money. I am playing by the established rules there.
Me too.
If it was a retest for incomplete monitors I wouldn't test it.
I would like to know your rational on this one.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

My Name is Nobody

Hard Nox wrote
Customer mentions intermittent Warning Lamp has been coming on, but is off now.
Did you interrogate the consumer?
Hard Nox wrote
Pre Scanned this one, just on a hunch.
History Cat Code and 1 Incomplete Monitor.

Vehicle falls into the 96--99  ASM group.
What would you do?
Test as received and take the money.

"A licensed inspector and technician are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner"

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

My Name is Nobody wrote
none wrote
Hard Nox wrote
What would you do?
If it is an initial test I would test it and take their money. I am playing by the established rules there.
Me too.
If it was a retest for incomplete monitors I wouldn't test it.
I would like to know your rational on this one.
I guess I should clarify that by retest I mean that it failed for "not ready" at MY shop, otherwise it would be an initial test at my shop.

I have written on the invoice and on my sign on the wall "With all self tests complete".

Even doing it like that I have a fairly low FPR.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Best Answer I Can Give
 None I had to laugh at your deal. They want it to FAIL and it passes. Can't count the times that has happened here.

Re: 4:48 on a Friday.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Grandfather gave me a fishing box that said in black pen, " Are all fisherman liars? Or do only liars fish?"

 Mine is, Do all POS show up on Friday LATE? Or are all of them POS because it is Friday late?