41 hours.

Best Answer I Can Give
 News on the way in. Car Guy Report.
The average person in a year SIT'S 41 HOURS in traffic. 41 HOURS of IDLE TIME.
LA #1 in the country. San Francisco was #3, I think. Could have been #2.

 And we don't check at idle in the worst areas. WTF. How SERIOUS are those who hold the power?

Re: 41 hours.

About half of the freeze frames I view while diagnosing MIL problems have warm idle signatures ... mostly P01xx and P03xx stuff.

Re: 41 hours.

And we don't check at idle in the worst areas. WTF. How SERIOUS are those who hold the power?
Not very serious at all.  Too busy endlessly chasing our tails over readiness monitors, CAIs, punishing people over perceived cleanplugs and other bullshit to address actual air quality solutions.
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: 41 hours.

ThePharmacist
That's why everyone should switch over to motorcycles and lane filter, as of last year it's 100% legal. I read some statistic the other day, if 10% of the people driving on the road in California switched over to motorcycles and lane filter, it would relieve about 40% of traffic.

Re: 41 hours.

I'm not talented enough to protect myself from becoming someone's hood ornament or just wiping out and dying on a street motorcycle.

Re: 41 hours.

ThePharmacist wrote
That's why everyone should switch over to motorcycles and lane filter, as of last year it's 100% legal. I read some statistic the other day, if 10% of the people driving on the road in California switched over to motorcycles and lane filter, it would relieve about 40% of traffic.
And then we could justify smog testing motorcycles like Arizona was doing.

Re: 41 hours.

Best Answer I Can Give
 The 12 Wing I drive has a Light. The minute you turn it off, it resets the light.

Re: 41 hours.

My Name is Nobody
ThePharmacist wrote
That's why everyone should switch over to motorcycles and lane filter, as of last year it's 100% legal. I read some statistic the other day, if 10% of the people driving on the road in California switched over to motorcycles and lane filter, it would relieve about 40% of traffic.
And then we could justify smog testing motorcycles like Arizona was doing.
And mandatory exhaust noise certification biennially on motorcycles .

https://www.bar.ca.gov/FormsPubs/Fact_Sheets_and_Brochures/Vehicle_Exhaust_Noise_Level_Certification.html

More money for our pockets.

Re: 41 hours.

Midnightdrummer
I commuted on my motorcycle daily for awhile. Saved me about 25-30min each way from being able to split lanes. BUT I almost died on a daily basis from people cutting across the double yellow in front of me

Re: 41 hours.

ThePharmacist
I hear you might commute on a bike is about 25-30, if I drive it's anywhere between 45 minutes to a hour and a half. I've been driving that commute for years now I'm so tired of wasting away in traffic, so that's why got into motorcycles

Re: 41 hours.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Good story, plus a lesson.
My old man was driving in 1963 @ 60 miles from a teaching job by Knotts Berry farm to Santa Monica.
Olympic  Blvd at 32 MPH. You hit the lights right.
1963. To hell with that. Making $98 a week as a teacher. Looked at a house in the middle of the San Fernando Valley. Raising 6 kids and looking at a payment of $111.00 a month. Also was looking at a house in Santa Monica. $20 more a month.
He said he didn't know where in the hell he was going to come up with the money to make the $111, let alone $20 more for the house in Santa Monica.

 Parent died. House I was raised in. Sepulveda sold for $350,000. House in Santa Monica over 3 MILLION now.

 Point of the story? Dad admitted he was STUPID. The extra $20 was in the gas, the wear and tear on the vehicle. HIS TIME away from the family.
 When he retired, close to a hour drive. The house in Santa Monica was and always would have been @ 10 minutes.

 The money you are saving being miles away. Could you live closer? Yes spend more on rent. But the time with family and the money spent on getting to and from, is it worth it because you are still putting out MONEY. It is not saved because the money is still going out because of the drive?

Re: 41 hours.

My commute is about 5 minutes at an average of about 25MPH. If I take my motorcycle I could cut a little distance off by taking a dirt section on my way.