5NSXV03.5N7A

Does this 2005 Altima 3.5L have two cats or three?  The ACCD can't seem to make up its mind.  The one I saw had three, and a D-193-96 [444105] on the firewall-side manifold.  The radiator-side manifold had an aftermarket cat too, but it was impossible for me to get an angle on reading its EO#.  Both of the aftermarket cats looked to be Mickey-Moused together, with the end of the cat shell cut off and the remainder welded rather sloppily to the bottom of the exhaust manifold flange.  I rejected it, but I can't seem to erase it from my thoughts.

Re: 5NSXV03.5N7A

D Rochells 150861
I'm pretty sure it has three

https://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts/2005/nissan/altima/se-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-manifold-scat

It calls the first 2 pre-converters, but doesn't actually say the thing in #6 is a converter or not.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 5NSXV03.5N7A

Just the Facts

Re: 5NSXV03.5N7A

smog man
Looks like it supposed to have three cats.

Re: 5NSXV03.5N7A

fartvalve
Tres gatos
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: 5NSXV03.5N7A

I really don't remember Altima 3.5 having EGR, Maxima yes. The ARB page for that year shows 2 or 3 cats, they can't make up their mind.  And ARB still shows 2003 350Z as having 1 converter. ARB is very sloppy sometimes.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 5NSXV03.5N7A

Anon A Mouse
If the cat shell had been cut, i would fail for modified.