76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

76Oaklandsmog
Test Only Smog Check Station in Oakland is Seeking a full time smog technician.
 Technician must be punctual with a great work ethic and good customer communication and good customer service is a must.

 Job Description / Responsibilities

 - Maintain STAR score and valid Smog License (No Score OK)
 - Valid CA driver's license.
 - Honest, Reliable and Punctual.
 - Friendly and professional Customer Service Skills (i.e., greet customers, answer the phone, communicate smog test results to customers, negotiate fairly with customers)
 - Keep track of shop materials and needs for day to day operations.
 - Cash register, provide change, handle credit card processing
 - Maintain a clean, safe and neat shop
 - Be able to work independently, smog all kinds of cars
 - Attention to detail.
 - Manage parking spaces for arriving customers.

 Interested candidates to email resume with license number and best contact number.

 Compensation depends on star score and experience. No score ok.

Re: 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

Troll
How can you expect a no score inspector to do the job correctly?

Re: 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

76Oaklandsmog
I will train them.

R Cortez

On Dec 23, 2019, at 2:02 PM, Troll [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 How can you expect a no score inspector to do the job correctly?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/76-Oakland-Smog-is-Hiring-tp5078171p5078180.html
To unsubscribe from 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring, click here.

Re: 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

805smogtech
Troll wrote
How can you expect a no score inspector to do the job correctly?
haha, really??

I know of a few current no score techs that have "no score" because they don't do a high enough volume of smogs to get fupr scores every 6 months. but then they aren't test only. also what happens when you leave a smog job after a few years with a decent score, to go to another job as a regular mechanic for more pay at a shop that doesn't smog? then 2 or more years down the road you land another better paying job that is all smog all the time at a test and repair station. you will again not have a score for at least 2 years. so just an fyi, not all "no score" techs are clueless newbs

Re: 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

Troll
Makes sense-
As long as there are real trained experienced inspectors for the newbie to work with at ALL times- no problem.

Re: 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

76Oaklandsmog
I’ve been a smog tech for over 7 years, I also wrench. I am well aware of how fucked the system is. I have some techs that have low scores and I invest in them because they put in work, reliable and I can trust them to run the shop and take care of customers.

R Cortez

Troll wrote

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/76-Oakland-Smog-is-Hiring-tp5078171p5078186.html
To unsubscribe from 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring, click here.

Re: 76 Oakland Smog is Hiring

What 805smogtech said is spot on

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/76-Oakland-Smog-is-Hiring-tp5078171.html