8 years old vehicles

FiendFX
So when is that law going into effect? I just got a customer bringing in dmv registration renewal notice for a 2012 vehicle.

Re: 8 years old vehicles

Midnightdrummer
I believe I read January 2019

Re: 8 years old vehicles

Karupt
Oh ok, so 2019 not next year ?

Re: 8 years old vehicles

My Name is Nobody
FiendFX wrote
So when is that law going into effect? I just got a customer bringing in dmv registration renewal notice for a 2012 vehicle.
Here you go FiendFX.

https://smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/Legislation_and_Regulations_Update_10.19.2017.pdf

Re: 8 years old vehicles

Anybody noticed how the smog program is progressing into a pay to play, just another environmental scam? Sort of like carbon credits. You get to pollute as long as you give up some of your resources. Eight years of vehicles! Buy a new mustang and trick it out, no one to catch you. Sales of performance chips through the roof. Pay your 25.00 dollars like a good citizen. Then the other side. Struggling people owning older cars that at least have to be tested. Who insulates them from the madness, we do. Who is their advocate through this process. We are. Who do they treat the worst? Us.

Re: 8 years old vehicles

People smarter than anyone BAR has ever employed or hopes to employ have realized agencies like BAR attract incompetent and immoral employees and license holders on a scale that is beyond control. Therefore they have decided to make as much money from the situation with as little headache as possible.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!