95 BMW Rpm pickup

Jones

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

Samy
On my Gen3 I use the RPM clamp over any coil wires(black boot) and I get signal.

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

SoCalSmogGuy
On that car if the battery or cigarette lighter pick up does not work you are stuck.

Are you selecting DIS?
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

defective
Yes, open the cover to the engine bay jumper terminal.  You can see it in the picture.  Use RPM jumper leads and select NON-CONTACT.  You may have to wait a minute or two for it to read.

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

I haven't tried it yet with the GEN3 but with the GEN2 I did as SAMY suggested and put the inductive pick up around the injector wire or the coil primary wire and had it work.

I found that if I use a non-contact connection like a battery terminal It takes a long time to connect but usually does by the time I've made a cup of coffee and drank about half of it.

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

use the wire on the injector

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

user7112
Rpm probe on a ground

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

Listen to the guys in the forum. What they're telling you is correct you're gonna have to use the battery for cigarrette lighter personally I prefer the battery

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019, 6:20 AM Jones [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any help regarding 1995 BMW rpm pickup. Tried battery, cigarette lighter, contact, non contact. Did open coil cover, no where i can hookup tach.
TimeOut

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/95-BMW-Rpm-pickup-tp5077065.html

Re: 95 BMW Rpm pickup

Jones wrote
Any help regarding 1995 BMW rpm pickup. Tried battery, cigarette lighter, contact, non contact. Did open coil cover, no where i can hookup tach. I have GEN 3.

i slide the rubber condom off bout an inch then rpm probe works fine