96 Ford F-250 7.5L

BayAreaSmogTech
Its probably been asked before but I just smogged one of these trucks (96 Ford F250 XLT) that was federal spec. I couldn't locate an OBD port anywhere. Everything I found online suggests its OBD1 and emissions label didn't mention anything about OBD1 or 2. I did see the EEC connector underhood on the drivers side that is for the OBD1 Ford vehicles.

I smogged it as an OBD1. Was that the correct thing to do?

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

none
BayAreaSmogTech wrote
I smogged it as an OBD1. Was that the correct thing to do?
YES. These don't have an ODBII connector. I chased my tail on a few way back when until I found out.

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

happened to me also on a 96 motorhome.

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

Hard Nox
Old Fords
Old M.B.s

UGH

1983 Ford V8 Calif emissions   Timing is N/A  when equipped w/ EEC III
1983 Ford V8 Fed emissions    Timing is adjustable
only applies maybe for 2 years EEC III   Look Out for this one.

Old M.B. V8s with Ign Dist  Timing is N/A on many even though underhood gives specs. I think Motors says Yes. Mitchell says No.

Our Inspections are to be Flawless
Our Approved References have many errors

2008-2010 Scion XB  underhood label list  WU TWC    TWC    I believe this vehicle has 1 Cat  a Huge Resonator and a Muffler.   It looks like a Resonator to me, not a Cat.

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

BayAreaSmogTech
Thanks guys, makes me feel better.

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

StarTech

My buddy just got one in his shop and he also said he couldn’t find it anywhere.  Smogged it with no obd 2.

Surprisingly the machine asked if it has obd2 or not- you’d think they would automatically bypass this after this many years...

But he did get this message after choosing no obd2.

Re: 96 Ford F-250 7.5L

dcf1ver
As far as I know the Feds dont recognize OBD I or II. It is either OBD certified or its not.

Only CA distinguishes between OBD I and II.

If a vehicle is OBD II certified,it is a CA car.

A Fed only car will not say OBD II certified on the VECI