98 Toyota 4Runner Catalyst, TWC+TWC= How many cats?

98 Toyota 4Runner Catalyst, TWC+TWC= How many cats?

GrossPolluter
A 98 4Runner came in for inspection today, it has an(1) approved CAT installed. Im a little confused about how many CATs is required on this vehicle because the underhood emission label says TWC+TWC, Motor ECS book says 2 cats, Im assuming 2 Cats required but when we looked up the EO# on the ARBs website, it shows LDT2 overall CATS required 1.

How many CATS should this vehicle have?

Re: 98 Toyota 4Runner Catalyst, TWC+TWC= How many cats?

Midnightdrummer
This post was updated on .
I saw this discussed here before and I interpret that as one CAT. TWC+TWC is one "shell" like a two-in-one, but TWC(2) or TWC/TWC would be two separate CATS.

I believe it was this thread:

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/LDT2-trucks-with-1-CAT-td5029986.html#a5029989

Re: 98 Toyota 4Runner Catalyst, TWC+TWC= How many cats?

The 3.0 liter engine has two cats, the 3.4 liter engine has one cat.

Re: 98 Toyota 4Runner Catalyst, TWC+TWC= How many cats?

1998 4Runner 3.4L I can guarantee you has only one cat. Later 3.4L V6s have two in series but the label reads 2TWC.