98 Toyota Tacoma manual

CAsmog
Asm test min rpm 400 and max rpm 1200, can’t keep up with the rpm it will  go over 1200 rpm in 1st or 2nd gear, any trick to keep up with rpm range

Re: 98 Toyota Tacoma manual

Technician A
Did you enter something incorrectly? I don't see how the max rpm is only 1200

Re: 98 Toyota Tacoma manual

CAsmog wrote
Asm test min rpm 400 and max rpm 1200, can’t keep up with the rpm it will  go over 1200 rpm in 1st or 2nd gear, any trick to keep up with rpm range
that's the beginning idle portion of the test I believe your talking about. Just put the sniffer in the pipe and let it idle until it gives the green light. It will then change to 1500rpm. If it isn't changing, there might be dilution and they will need to get that fixed.

Re: 98 Toyota Tacoma manual

CAsmog
I entered everything correct, I attempted 3 times then it aborted the test,  I did the test again this time min rpm were  1200 and max 2500, I don’t what the hell happened with first test

Re: 98 Toyota Tacoma manual

2002
I always assumed 4 cyl vehicles get 1500 RPM Minimum to do the ASM Test. And 6cyl+ are 1200 RPM Minimum for ASM test.

Beforehand u need idle to be under 1250RPM to begin the ASM test