AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Peter
This post was updated on .
My smog inspections are down by 5 smogs daily. Its like less 150 to 200 smog a month since January. I am a test only station. What's your numbers. I am seeing many test only are on sale.I am selling my test only too. Inbox me if anyone interested. Time to retire.  Any comments.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Not interested, but, @ what do you think it is worth Round figures please. @ how many a day. Where are you? In general terms.

 Just to see if I am thinking what mine is worth.
I KNOW because you can't transfer the STAR, it is a hell of a lot less.

 I think I would be lucky to get 200, was worth 400 at on point. 20 to 50 a day. I am north west of LA.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Ser Dan
Man i am really planning on doing a road trip and visiting the shops you guys are from.
Do you need an unpaid intern for half a day Besta???

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thanks but my oldest boy works Fri and Sat for me.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

The whole industry is down as a result, what is messed up is this law is defrauding the consumer out of there factory warranty. The time there 1st smog is do there out of warranty. So the consumer will drive around for 8 years with the check engine light on and after there 1st smog it will cost them since it is out of warranty. Not to mention the are paying every year a smog abatement fee on there regesistration. So the state gets the money we should be getting, total bullshit

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

No One
If the light is on and the consumer decides to ignore it, its on them.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

They shouldn't be driving around with the check engine light on even if the smog isn't due. That's on the customer, not the state.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Our number should be slightly higher than they were two years ago then since we still test newer used cars and diesels that we didn't two years ago.

I've said it before but I think the TEST ONLY business model is dying an ever increasingly rapid death with the start of the STAR program. There are no test only stations left anywhere near me but the number of repair shops who now do OIS testing has gone way up and many of them are now STAR T/R.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

You are right it is on the customer, however i haveheard hundreds of times customers say, the dealership said there is nothing wrong don't worry about it. The number of times I have heard that, there has to be some truth to what they are saying.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

D Rochells 150861
If we could really trust the customers we would not need the smog program.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

007 wrote
You are right it is on the customer, however i haveheard hundreds of times customers say, the dealership said there is nothing wrong don't worry about it. The number of times I have heard that, there has to be some truth to what they are saying.
I can assure you that the Toyota dealership I worked at never told a customer "Don't worry about the check engine light" that is covered by warranty. In fact I would be surprised if they ever told a customer that about anything.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Best Answer I Can Give
 It's always been about the MONEY. How many things that should be fixed under warranty, are not?

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

It's always been about the MONEY. How many things that should be fixed under warranty, are not?
It's about money alright. The dealership gets paid very well for repairing stuff that is covered by warranty.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Things must have changed. Warranty rate SUCKED big time when I worked them.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thinking about, Japanese time was GREAT. GM time SUCKED.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

I haven't crunched the numbers recently, but I think we're doing about the same as last year, due to the fact that our average customer is putting around in a neglected 18-year-old hooptie, completely immune to the effects of AB 1274.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us bad.

D Rochells 150861
We are doing less and charging more, the tip jar is overflowing at times. Idiot lowball smogtards don't realize how good they can have it if they just take showers and don't piss off the customers. Still we are going Test+Repair soon.

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us

Get out while the gettin's good test only Hazard a dying thing

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 7:32 PM Peter [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My smog inspections are down by 5 smogs daily. Its like 150 to 200 a month start of 2019. I am a test only station. What's your numbers. I am seeing many test only are on sale. Any comments.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/AB-1274-is-hitting-us-tp5075333.html

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us

No One
You think the smog program is going to go away?

Re: AB 1274 is hitting us

805smogtech
The Smog program isn't going anywhere. Think of how much money people have invested into the program from the shop owners (equipment and hiring techs) to the techs (time spent studying for then obtaining a license). It may change some here and there (new laws such as the 8 year exemption, having to hook up Evap tester to bar 97 everytime etc), but its here to stay especially with how liberal California seems to be.
123