ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

GrossPolluter
I had a car come in about 2 weeks ago, had an aftermarket Cat. I went to look it up on the ARBs website but it was down, website came up but I could not enter any enrty in. Luckily we had the hard copy but the list is not up to date and the extensive. A few more cars came in last week with aftermarket Cats, same deal. Database was still down, had to look it up on the list. Today a 99' Chevy Tahoe came in with a aftermarket with EO 280-85, it was not on the list.

 We had to Abort the inspection because we did not have sufficient data. This is a big inconvience for our customers and to us. Are any of you having trouble accessing the ARBs aftermarket catalytic convert database?

Where else are you getting you aftermarket approved EO#'s from?

https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/PartsSearchTool/CatalystSearchTool.aspx

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

reactor
If i can't verify the EO# on the internet i just call them and they usually give you the answer really quick. Get the emission group # from the underhood sticker because that has to match on the EO# if it's a California car.

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

K20SI
I CALL THEM ALL THE TIME ABOUT EO #S BUT THEY CLOSE ON THE WEEKENDS

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

FiendFX
What's the phone number?

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

Jones

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

kilativ
You don't have to check EO# straight from ABR website. Just "google it"
Enter EO# in search box, and first search result will be PDF file from ARB website.
Just my two cents.

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

K20SI
phone # 18002424450

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

modifystar

OK even though the ARB website could be down here and there you could still use the printed version of the ARB EO numbersto determine the manufactor. You need to verify who is the manufacture. If you know the manufacturer and the part no for example Magno flow, then you could use the manufacture's E catalog to verify the Catalytic convertor. You also need the Engine family no or the other name the ARB uses is the Test group for OBDII of California vehicles. The E catalog of the manufacture is a great source as well as the ARB website
You do not need the Engine family no / test group for OBDI or Federal cars.

Re: ARB Catalytic Converters Database?

FiendFX
Sometimes, the part number of the cat and the E.O. of the CAT on the list says it's legit, you don't know if it's really legit until you open the pdf file if it's rescinded or the correct application. Happened a couple of times to me already. Just a heads up.