ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Able
http://www.ase.com/entry-level/

Anybody herd of this? I need to do something simple BUT company needs ASE certification.

I am a Test ONLY inspector.

Business has been dead, need to diversify to make some cash.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Kevin
I currently hold almost every single ASE credential available is there any advice I could offer you I'm not clear on your post what you're asking

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020, 1:15 PM Able [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://www.ase.com/entry-level/

Anybody herd of this? I need to do something simple BUT company needs ASE certification.

I am a Test ONLY inspector.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/ASE-Cert-NO-EXPERIENCE-Required-tp5080488.html

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

WealdstoneRaider
Trying to become a lube station or brake & lamp station? Delmar study guides are ok but I find the actual ASE practice exams better. They're about $15 dollars per exam.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

dcf1ver
Kevin wrote
I currently hold almost every single ASE credential available is there any
advice I could offer you I'm not clear on your post what you're asking
Every single one?!!!

There are at least a hundred different ASE certifications available.

You only need 22 to be a World Class Certified Technician.

Are you World Class certified?

[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.ase.com/entry-level/
>
> Anybody herd of this? I need to do something simple BUT company needs ASE
> certification.
>
> I am a Test ONLY inspector.

> .
> NAML
> <http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

I doing safety inspection for a company and they need a person with ASE Certification. I an NOT ASE in anyway way.

How can I get certified ASAP to get this done? They are paying big bucks $50 per inspection and they have over a thousand cars!

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Able
WealdstoneRaider wrote
Trying to become a lube station or brake & lamp station? Delmar study guides are ok but I find the actual ASE practice exams better. They're about $15 dollars per exam.

Thats good too, tires are good too. People MAKE lots of money with tires.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Able wrote
 They are paying big bucks $50 per inspection and they have over a thousand cars!
$50=1/2hour. You have a lot of liability for the same price as a smog check. Do you lift the cars and pull all 4 wheels to check the brakes and suspension? Do you get the work too when they need brakes or tires?

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Troll
Gigantic liability as stated. No experience either.'What could go wrong?
Go for it

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Best Answer I Can Give
 Are you doing the inspection or are you working for a company doing them. BIG difference.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Able
Able wrote
 They are paying big bucks $50 per inspection and they have over a thousand cars!
$50=1/2hour. You have a lot of liability for the same price as a smog check. Do you lift the cars and pull all 4 wheels to check the brakes and suspension? Do you get the work too when they need brakes or tires?

Agree, but 50x1000 thats $50k. Thats great side money.

Regarding the no experience, thats to get the ASE.

Typically ASE needs classes and 2 years journeyman. But the NEW ENTRY level just require you to pass a test.

I like to know more about getting the ENTRY level and was wondering if anybody knows the process.

Basically its and UBER safety check for cars.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Best Answer I Can Give
 You didn't ask for advise, but you are going to get some. RUN, RUN LIKE HELL.
 That vehicle gets in a MINOR accident and the driver is going to BLAME the vehicle. You said it was "Good to GO"
How deep are your pockets?

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Hard Nox
Kinda sounds like the Used Car Business.  Lots of $$$ in that racket if it's done right.  What about the repair side of those vehicles to make those vehicles certifiable at the standard that is required.

These vehicles going through are not going to be 100%.  There is going to be Water Pumps, Charging Systems, Brake Pulls, Trans Shifts and Slips, ect, ect ect.  Warning Lights, Frame Damage, Windshield Wiper/Washer issues, ect,ect,ect.

You're not going to bang out 16 vehicles a day. More like 1 or 2 if you have to put these vehicles together.

Are you going to do the repairs or Sublet it out, and reinspect as necessary?
Or just Fail the vehicle inspection?

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

ABLE, I thought you were a TEST ONLY. Did you change to T/R now?

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Best Answer I Can Give
 T/O you think that stops some of from doing pick and choose repair?
Me for one I KNOW of. NO I'm not, nor will I, not this shop.

 Who's to stop them? BAR is so under staffed. Plus with Covid?

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Able
ABLE, I thought you were a TEST ONLY. Did you change to T/R now?

I am still TO.

This has nothing to do with my smog shop. Its from a 3rd party company. They have 1000 cars for me to do safety inspections but technician needs to be ASE cert.

I am wondering whats the fastest and easiest way I  can become ASE cert.

I recall several TR shops did uber inspections and made some decent side money.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

The fastest way is to have  a professsional test taker take the test for you.Its been dne a lot before. You'll be a ASE Master just like that.
PS- your statement of 1000 cArs waiting to be checked is in my opinion just complete hogwash at best.
Newbie gullability.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

 Just F ing LIE. Do you think they look up what you put down?
They take the money, PERIOD. If you fail they will take the money again. ASE just wants the $$$$$$$$

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Just F ing LIE.
 That comes a lot easier to some than others.

 Just look at the mess we are in. That proves that statement TRUE.

Re: ASE Cert NO EXPERIENCE Required

Able
Troll wrote
The fastest way is to have  a professsional test taker take the test for you.Its been dne a lot before. You'll be a ASE Master just like that.
PS- your statement of 1000 cArs waiting to be checked is in my opinion just complete hogwash at best.
Newbie gullability.
I thought so too until they gave me a list of their cars that needs inspections. Plus I been working with these guys in another field for years now. (unrelated to smogs and inspections)
12345