Aborts/Restarts

Evil Morty
Just a heads up you can Ctrl+Alt+Delete then restart the Gen 3 machine to avoid restarts and aborts sometimes these old junkie cars have problems while doing the ASM why get penalized for something that's out of your control
This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

timmy
Evil Morty wrote
Just a heads up you can Ctrl+Alt+Delete then restart the Gen 3 machine to avoid restarts and aborts sometimes these old junkie cars have problems while doing the ASM why get penalized for something that's out of your control
But you have to wait 5-10 min for the GEN3 to warm up. If you have 2-3 cars waiting, those 5-10 min feel like an eternity!

Re: Aborts/Restarts

timsmog
He just want to let everybody in the forum know there is way to avoid the restart ( Including me). Thank you. And if you don't want to wait 5 mins you can abort your own test. Please say something positive, so people can share more.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

timmy
timsmog wrote
He just want to let everybody in the forum know there is way to avoid the restart ( Including me). Thank you. And if you don't want to wait 5 mins you can abort your own test. Please say something positive, so people can share more.
I know he's informing us how to avoid a deviation, I'm just saying there's gonna be a 5-10 min warm up involved. Nothing positive or negative about what I said, and yes I will take an abort. You are allowed to have aborts, just don't do too many.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

It still shows up in the recall vehicle info menu, and it can be printed. So instead of an abort it looks like you were up to no good.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Evil Morty
doesnt show up on my esp
This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hell just reach around the back of the machine and turn off the power. Same time.
BAR ask? Hell, I don't know the power went out for a second and restarted the machine.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

D Rochells 150861
BAR screws us and we now have to give ESP a reach around? This is just too much.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thanks for the smile.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Kevin
I don't know Mr. Bar man I think we had a power outage

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Evil Morty wrote
doesnt show up on my esp
I think it depends on when the power outage occurred.  I have one in my EIS VIR history with an emissions result, but no visual or functional results.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

kfworry
I have used Control>Alt>Delete many times on my ESP Gen 3.
No History What So Ever for the BAR "God"s To "SEE".

Re: Aborts/Restarts

I spend a good part of last year working in Oakland before moving to another shop the we own.  There is a lot of old junk in Oakland all I can say is control alt and delete are your best friends and I've done it more times I'm gonna admit in a public form. That mysterious power outage

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Lose weight
If you did the dyno test and then reset it will show, but will not if you reset before the dyno portion.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

Evil Morty
what machine are you using
This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Aborts/Restarts

On ESP, once a restart has occurred, it iwill appear on short terms no matter what you do at least for me it deoes.  Aborts yes you can ctrl-alt-del (or just pull the plug if you're still on gen 2) and enjoy 0.00 abort score but it looks funny when your restarts are high...I know mine does.  I never allowed an abort and always pulled the plug or 3 finger salute, but the restarts always appeared.

WW might be different

Interesting note: I started taking the aborts after restarts and my restart rate seems to have dropped a little
If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed... but not very well!