Adverstising

burrito_thief
Recently my boss started to want to change the price of trucks and SUVs. I was against it but he's the boss. Anyways he wants to charge differently for trucks and SUVs but keep the same price for cars. Cars are cheaper and he wants to keep advertising that price only and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?

Re: Adverstising

Evil Morty
sounds like an extra headache!!
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Adverstising

burrito_thief wrote
...and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?
I think I would include the "truck/SUV" charge in the ad or it looks more like a "bait and switch".

I personally would rather do most trucks than cars. I find it easier to do a 2005 FORD F250 than a 2005 FORD TAURUS. I don't have to go around with a mirror trying to see the post cat O2 sensors or the evap canister. I can just kneel down and see it.

Re: Adverstising

burrito_thief
none wrote
burrito_thief wrote
...and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?
I think I would include the "truck/SUV" charge in the ad or it looks more like a "bait and switch".

I personally would rather do most trucks than cars. I find it easier to do a 2005 FORD F250 than a 2005 FORD TAURUS. I don't have to go around with a mirror trying to see the post cat O2 sensors or the evap canister. I can just kneel down and see it.
Good point. If he won't change his mind I'll at least try to convince him to do that. I'm sure some customers might feel the same way and just go elsewhere.

Yeah, same here. There's a lot of trucks out there that are a lot easier than some cars.

Re: Adverstising

We have always had exemption for lifted trucks and SUVs

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 12:00 PM burrito_thief [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Recently my boss started to want to change the price of trucks and SUVs. I was against it but he's the boss. Anyways he wants to charge differently for trucks and SUVs but keep the same price for cars. Cars are cheaper and he wants to keep advertising that price only and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Adverstising-tp5081564.html

Re: Adverstising

burrito_thief wrote
Recently my boss started to want to change the price of trucks and SUVs. I was against it but he's the boss. Anyways he wants to charge differently for trucks and SUVs but keep the same price for cars. Cars are cheaper and he wants to keep advertising that price only and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?
what are you guys charging???

Re: Adverstising

burrito_thief
No One wrote
burrito_thief wrote
Recently my boss started to want to change the price of trucks and SUVs. I was against it but he's the boss. Anyways he wants to charge differently for trucks and SUVs but keep the same price for cars. Cars are cheaper and he wants to keep advertising that price only and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?
what are you guys charging???
31.75 right now but for trucks and SUV's we're going to charge 41.75

Re: Adverstising

BasicTech678
burrito_thief wrote
No One wrote
burrito_thief wrote
Recently my boss started to want to change the price of trucks and SUVs. I was against it but he's the boss. Anyways he wants to charge differently for trucks and SUVs but keep the same price for cars. Cars are cheaper and he wants to keep advertising that price only and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?
what are you guys charging???
31.75 right now but for trucks and SUV's we're going to charge 41.75
just do 55 for all charge more be happy

Re: Adverstising

No One
BasicTech678 wrote
burrito_thief wrote
No One wrote
burrito_thief wrote
Recently my boss started to want to change the price of trucks and SUVs. I was against it but he's the boss. Anyways he wants to charge differently for trucks and SUVs but keep the same price for cars. Cars are cheaper and he wants to keep advertising that price only and just add a clause on the advert saying 'apply changes without notice' & 'price only cars, trucks suvs not included' . What do you guys think?
what are you guys charging???
31.75 right now but for trucks and SUV's we're going to charge 41.75
just do 55 for all charge more be happy
Customers like it better when there is a flat smog fee for certain years. As the car gets older, the price goes up here with me.

Re: Adverstising

xcinlb
Why not just do Save $xx amount, you can apply it all vehicles or just 2000 model year or newer etc.

Re: Adverstising

planters
I charge $50 even for non-Star vehicle, $60 for Star directed vehicle w/cert.

To me that makes more sense because it cost the station more to be Star certified (higher equipment costs).
So Star vehicles should be charged more.

But also never had a problem in the past with charging extra for truck and SUV either.
Still get plenty of business either way, average 15 to 20 cars per day.

Re: Adverstising

XXAMM1
We charge $60.75 for OIS cars/light trucks.Over 10,000 lbs an additional $10.00 all plus cert.
For BAR 97-$79.75,BAR 97 with EVAP $89.75.
We increased price about six months ago,weeded out a lot of deadbeats.
Since COVID 19 went to appointment only,it has been working out very well,gives us time to sanitize
between customers.

Re: Adverstising

No One
XXAMM1 wrote
We charge $60.75 for OIS cars/light trucks.Over 10,000 lbs an additional $10.00 all plus cert.
For BAR 97-$79.75,BAR 97 with EVAP $89.75.
We increased price about six months ago,weeded out a lot of deadbeats.
Since COVID 19 went to appointment only,it has been working out very well,gives us time to sanitize
between customers.
aren't all 10k lbs cars tested on the ois?