Evaponly818
Curious as to what you guys think is a limit of $ to spend on advertisement monthly? Is Yelp all that good? Who prefers Google over Yelp or vise versa and why?
Bored just sitting here at the shop thinking I need more ads

Re: Advertisement

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yester Year, Yellow Pages. Today with so many on line, Who Knows. Word of mouth is still the best.

Re: Advertisement

alievsam
get 5 star reviews in yelp advertise on google

Re: Advertisement

Google ad words is what works. But don't cry at the cost

Re: Advertisement

Yelp sucks and Google is already too powerful. Three words, Location, Location, Location. I never advertise but I do many other things besides smog. In general price consciousness is a sickness I try to avoid. A fair price and a well organized facility will get it done. Remember as with any service it is the people performing that contribute to it's value.

Re: Advertisement

Google, Facebook & Instagram,  Safeway receipts .work best for us

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019, 12:31 PM Evaponly818 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Curious as to what you guys think is a limit of $ to spend on advertisement monthly? Is Yelp all that good? Who prefers Google over Yelp or vise versa and why?
Bored just sitting here at the shop thinking I need more ads

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Advertisement-tp5074806.html

Re: Advertisement

xcinlb
It's hard to track and correlate google activity to actual paying customers. Tire kickers on google just click, make you pay and never show up. Nice little model they have going. Yelp, not much you can do about it, either your in Yelp, or you have to rebrand the shop to get out and start the crapy process all over.

Re: Advertisement

Banners are the best bang for the buck if you are in a decently high traffic area and the city will let you get away with it.

You can design your own through https://www.buildasign.com/custom-banners

Re: Advertisement

Peter
Advertising is waste of money. Long hours is the best advertising. Open 7 days. 365 days a year. 7am to 7pm. Charge more and be happy.

Re: Advertisement

805smogtech
hell why not just be open 24 hours and never refuse anyone.  why 7am-7pm?

I smog to live, I don't live to smog! 8-5 Mon-Fri and 8am-12pm is enough for me. Although I wouldn't mind 16 hours of overtime every week instead of 4-6.

Re: Advertisement

Evaponly818
That’s the difference between being an owner or just a tech. You just want to collect ur paycheck when it’s due. The owner would rather be there all day. Haven’t had my license no more than a year and I’m running my buddy’s shop for him. So basically I’m not an owner but winning money like one. Nothing comes in I don’t get nothing!

Re: Advertisement

Th statement of advertising is a waste of money in my opinion qualifies as one of the stupidist statements I have ever heard.

Re: Advertisement

Evaponly818 wrote
 Nothing comes in I don’t get nothing!
You're in the outskirt of Corona yes? That'll be tough.
Bunch of plumpy hens stop overeating!

Re: Advertisement

Best Answer I Can Give
 Legally, the owner MUST pay you Min wage.

Re: Advertisement

805smogtech
Too much headache in owning a smog shop or any automotive shop or any business in California. I'd leave California in a heartbeat but I've got tons of family here. Everybody knows California is not very business friendly. I'd rather own a smog shop in Nevada (say Las Vegas or North Las Vegas even) with a gas station and some slot machines in the waiting area? Can you say cha-ching!!!

Re: Advertisement

BasicTech678
805smogtech wrote
Too much headache in owning a smog shop or any automotive shop or any business in California. I'd leave California in a heartbeat but I've got tons of family here. Everybody knows California is not very business friendly. I'd rather own a smog shop in Nevada (say Las Vegas or North Las Vegas even) with a gas station and some slot machines in the waiting area? Can you say cha-ching!!!
i went to a restaurant off the strip, i was more interested in the smog shop being run out of a gas station broom closet/storage room it was no bigger than a 3x3 area the open door had all the legal signs attached to it. i assume it was only obd2 inspections. had a yellow box for a vehicle to park directly in front of it. i had so many questions but was hungover and hungry lol

ill try and find it hope its still there i know the restaurant is

(found it LOL ) 17.95 and takes 5 mins

https://www.google.com/search?q=3820%20mr%20smog&oq=3820+mr+smog+&aqs=chrome..69i57.2160j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=35167645,-116345373,164564&tbm=lcl&rldimm=5451712018865014918&ved=2ahUKEwjh-urHvdDjAhVCY6wKHdLVACAQvS4wAXoECAoQLw&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!2m1!1e16!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2#rldoc=1&rlfi=hd:;si:5451712018865014918;mv:!1m2!1d37.55641180254726!2d-114.93751474218749!2m2!1d36.06116681894952!2d-117.19520517187499!4m2!1d36.81243978450079!2d-116.06635995703124!5i9

Re: Advertisement

Newbiesmogtech
i'm trying yelp out for a month, 3 bucks per click

Re: Advertisement

Best Answer I Can Give
 3 a click? Hell you could break some bank accounts with that. 10 clicks? $30.

https://www.google.com/search?q=3820%20mr%20smog&oq=3820+mr+smog+&aqs=chrome..69i57.2160j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=35167645,-116345373,164564&tbm=lcl&rldimm=5451712018865014918&ved=2ahUKEwjh-urHvdDjAhVCY6wKHdLVACAQvS4wAXoECAoQLw&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!2m1!1e16!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2#rldoc=1&rlfi=hd:;si:5451712018865014918;mv:!1m2!1d37.55641180254726!2d-114.93751474218749!2m2!1d36.06116681894952!2d-117.19520517187499!4m2!1d36.81243978450079!2d-116.06635995703124!5i9
I was in Vegas last November for the duel in the desert at the lvms dirt track helping out a friend who was racing that weekend. Was driving down Las Vegas BLVD looking for a buffet before the races on Saturday when I saw a 76 a few miles before the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign in Paradise so I gassed up. I noticed as i pumped gas it had a 3 bay garage and offered "smog checks." I wanted to check it out and ask them more about procedures in Nevada and pricing but like always I was running late and hungry. I am not sure if they only do OIS out there or not, seems only smogs in certain areas, ie like california with "change of ownership", "basic", and "enhanced." I have heard that they are known to put diesels on the dyno to simulate a load. Can't imagine how many more we'd fail for black smoke if we loaded them up (seems like they smoke like locomotives when they leave under load vs during the bar snap test and no load or a very slight load.)

Re: Advertisement

none
As far as I know, Nevada only does smog checks in Las Vegas and Reno area. They have been testing diesels at least eight years longer than us (Reno area anyway) and test cars 1968 and newer.

https://dmvnv.com/emission.htm