Advertising More Or Less

xcinlb
To the shop owners, are you spending more or less on advertising. I noticed Google spending was lower a few months ago, not seems shops are spending more. Google keeps telling me to spend more, what a surprise. Anything else working well? Or no spending at all? Costs keep going up, that's for sure.

Re: Advertising More Or Less

none
For me it is way less and we have been as busy as ever since April.

It really depends on each business and how busy you are and how busy you want to be.

At first (16 years ago) I advertised a lot to get my name out there. Most of it didn't even pay for its self.

I don't want to just make money for the advertisers and at a 50% profit margin many of these ads would have to bring in a lot of extra work every week to make them truly profitable and not just break even. Right now the ONLY advertising I pay for is my web site that is a cheap(and it shows) GODADDY website. No Yellow pages or anything else.

I do pay a lot more rent than many to be in a high visibility location though so I figure it is either higher rent or higher advertising. I had a friend who had a nice big repair shop on a back street and advertised like hell in the local paper and direct mailers. Anything he saved in rent went to advertising I'm sure.

Re: Advertising More Or Less

Its like NONE said. Location is everything. Im in an alley and signs help a lot.

Re: Advertising More Or Less

yalo
I cut my google ad spending, and it didn't affect our customers numbers at all.  Google cost per click went up 5 times since 2011 when I started with them. Some shops located 25 miles from us do not set geographical boundaries for their google campaign, place high bids and that rises cost per click for everyone.

Re: Advertising More Or Less

we are spending way too much on advertising

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 8:37 AM xcinlb [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
To the shop owners, are you spending more or less on advertising. I noticed Google spending was lower a few months ago, not seems shops are spending more. Google keeps telling me to spend more, what a surprise. Anything else working well? Or no spending at all? Costs keep going up, that's for sure.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Advertising-More-Or-Less-tp5082555.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: Advertising More Or Less

xcinlb
@Yalo, yea I have some shops more than 20 miles away showing up, who's going to drive 45/1 hour in LA traffic for a smog test to save 5 or ten bucks. They drive the cost of google per click price as you stated. @Kevin, is your advertising paying off? It seems that you get a little bit more, but its so expensive that the advertisers make all the money. Rent is always astronomical for me.