After market Cat

bayareasmog
Does an ULEV aftermarket cat. Qualify for an ULEV2? Same engine family. eo# ect ect

Re: After market Cat

bayareasmog
more info.....underhood label says ULEV2. Aftermarket database said the cats were only approved for ULEV. Same car, eo#, engine family, ect ect

Re: After market Cat

user7112
Honestly me and the community of techs in my area just match year make model and engine displacement
we don't go based off of engine family

Re: After market Cat

dcf1ver
user7112 wrote
Honestly me and the community of techs in my area just match year make model and engine displacement
we don't go based off of engine family
Thats not gonna work, has to match the engine family.

Re: After market Cat

dcf1ver
bayareasmog wrote
more info.....underhood label says ULEV2. Aftermarket database said the cats were only approved for ULEV. Same car, eo#, engine family, ect ect
What kind of car?

Im pretty certain the ULEV standards are not interchangeable,with regards to cats.

Re: After market Cat

with the information provided i would say no, but more information is needed

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:58 PM bayareasmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does an ULEV aftermarket cat. Qualify for an ULEV2? Same engine family. eo# ect ect

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/After-market-Cat-tp5082031.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: After market Cat

user7112
Any car really
we used to check the engine group but on some vehicles the aftermarket catalyst is applicable to only one engine group so the customer is screwed in that case
Also i could be wrong but i swear some engine groups don't have an applicable aftermarket catalyst
they wouldn't be able to get an aftermarket catalyst so they would have to go to the dealer and shell out 1k for an OEM cat

there is no way they would do that
ergo we only check year make model and engine displacement

ergo we only check year make model and engine displacement
Ok, now youre just trolling because you can't be that stupid and still have your smog license. I will update on vehicle information in a minute.

Re: After market Cat

bayareasmog
2008 Chevy Suburban 1500. 5.3. 8gmxt05.3381.
Underhood read ULEV2.
Cats were D-798 #749233.
I didnt finish the smog. I didnt charge the customer. Only referred them to referee station. But if anyone has information, i would like to know.

Re: After market Cat

user7112
no need for name calling brother

dead serious that is what me and most of the techs do in my area

Re: After market Cat

Bobbie_D
Did you get the date on the converters or a receipt of install date? That converter is withdrawn 6/15/20 so if it was installed prior it would be a pass.

Re: After market Cat

Bobbie_D
Just a heads up that all numbers have to match the efn# most likely it would be a manufacturer’s converter only if it’s not on the webpage!

Re: After market Cat

bayareasmog
Yes, expired 2019
Bobbie_D wrote
Did you get the date on the converters or a receipt of install date? That converter is withdrawn 6/15/20 so if it was installed prior it would be a pass.

Re: After market Cat

bayareasmog
user7112 wrote
no need for name calling brother

dead serious that is what me and most of the techs do in my area
I expect alot of people coming back to you asking why it passed there. Please contact a your local BAR office and ask them.

Re: After market Cat

Technician A
It's a fail. Efn and cat number don't match.

Re: After market Cat

Best Answer I Can Give
 Now if you remove or scratch off the EFN number, is it a PASS?

Re: After market Cat

user7112
I contacted a few techs and mechanics and i'm getting a lot of mixed responses.
haven't contacted field office yet....

Re: After market Cat

bayareasmog
Technician A wrote
It's a fail. Efn and cat number don't match.
How so? All that matches fine on the database.

Re: After market Cat

bayareasmog
Now if you remove or scratch off the EFN number, is it a PASS?
No, its a smog direct for me. I don't mess with cats from previous BAR experiences.

Re: After market Cat

Technician A
I made a mistake and looked at the wrong numbers. They do match and it is a pass.
12