Aftermarket location

M27

Aftermarket location

M27
1996 Honda Civic 1.6l comes in with new cat D-280-83 installed in front of car facing radiator. I check the cat database and it says for catalyst location it's suppose to be underbody. Does it fail?

Re: Aftermarket location

Just the Facts

Re: Aftermarket location

Johnny
Does the number look right (eched and clear) cause you are right and I do not see a way it could be mounted anywhere BUT under the vehicle? They could have looked it up and knowing you need that EO they supplied it to a different converter? Fishy..........smells:)

Re: Aftermarket location

Just the Facts

Re: Aftermarket location

joemister
Some are part of the exhaust manifold, LX model, so it's by the radiator.

Re: Aftermarket location

M27,

It depends which model is it. If I recall correctly, only EX models have CAT below the chassis.

Re: Aftermarket location

If you know the engine family it will tell you the position.

Re: Aftermarket location

timmy
1996 civic d16y7 engine, cats on manifold. D16y8 (vtec) cat under body.
M27

Re: Aftermarket location

M27
Thanks for the replies guys

It's a civic cx hatchback, engine family THN1.6VJG3EK and the eo # is etched correctly and clear

Going by what most of you guys say the cats in the right location but my only hang up is the cat database says it needs to be underbody even though I think the site is wrong.

Re: Aftermarket location

cosmokramertheassman
The database has so many errors on it. It's pretty comical actually.