Again another Flaw.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Isuzu NPR no GVWR sticker. 2001
Now I don't know about you people but I have done a bunch of them with less than 14000 GVWR.
 Now here is the Flaw.
On the SPX machine it tell you what to do if it doesn't have a sticker. Half ton put xxxx 3/4 ton YYYY One ton put 10000. Now that's OIS machine.

 This is the way it went down.
No sticker 2001 Started on the OIS. Came back with over 14000 GVWR. Go to BAR 97. Follow those rules it gets a OBDII check, Because, following the "No Sticker rule, Put down 10000. Should be done on a OIS machine.

 So if I follow what the BAR has approved, on the BAR 97, I put 10000 as a GVWR. WHAT IS NOT TRUE AND CORRECT.

 So it is possible for the BAR to fine me for doing a Vehicle on the wrong machine. Fine me because I did a under 14000 GVWR on a BAR 97. It' s there on paper, you put down 10000. It should have gone on a OIS.
You try it on a OIS and it tells you it's over 14000.

 If the BAR wants you, they now have you. WHAT A HASSLE.
 On paper you screwed up. On paper if front of a judge, your done.

 Not only that you put down the 10000, and the BAR 97 wants to do a OBD check, that it should fail. So now because you have followed what a BAR APPROVED machine has said, You can be hassled, fined and have a pissed off consumer.

 Yes if you use your head you can stop all of this. But a new guy? Dead meat.

 These FLAWS I am pointing out, WHY?
Wait, you and I must do 100%, 100% of the time. WRONG you must do 110%  every time. You must be thinking past the BAR flaws. The FLAWS set up by the BAR that can cost you and I money.

 And YES we are the BAD GUYS.

Re: Again another Flaw.

kfworry
If you know from the OIS DAD VIN Decoder information that it is over 14,000 GVWR,
why not type in 14,050 GVWR on the BAR 97 ????
and press on with a two speed idle test ????

Re: Again another Flaw.

kfworry
I've done the Isuzu NPR's before.
I don't recall where the weight sticker is.

Re: Again another Flaw.

Put 140001 under GVWR.

Re: Again another Flaw.

Isuzu NPR no GVWR sticker. 2001
Now I don't know about you people but I have done a bunch of them with less than 14000 GVWR.
Me too.   What's the VIN?  Let me decode it.   Maybe OIS got it wrong.

Re: Again another Flaw.

bizarsmog
Some stickers are located behind driver steat

Re: Again another Flaw.

 Besta, print the paper that OIS wants you to do on BAR 97 because of the weight,staple it to your smog , also on the EIS you can manually change the gvwr i would put down14050 as some have suggested .Did it have an OBD  2 cable hook up or not ? THe smog check reference says there are some 1998-2005 Diesel federal with weight of 10001-14000 that are not obd2 compliant so  the one you are doing or did is non obdtwo compliant either . But yeah keep that OIS paper stapled to your copy of the VIR !
   i have a question , if the NPR is not equipped with obd2 , where do we hook our OIS up to ? the new Apdx J or referernce guide says to follow OIS prompts on veh under 14000 of course .It also says the OIS is programmed to skip the obd functional test .(wtf)?

Re: Again another Flaw.

none
Karupt wrote
   i have a question , if the NPR is not equipped with obd2 , where do we hook our OIS up to ? the new Apdx J or referernce guide says to follow OIS prompts on veh under 14000 of course .It also says the OIS is programmed to skip the obd functional test .(wtf)?
most trucks still have an OBDII connector even if they are not fully functioning OBDII systems.

Re: Again another Flaw.

 So that is how we are able to hook up the OIS  to the non obd2 NPR and similar trucks, that are under 14000 , Thank YOU NONE !

Re: Again another Flaw.

kfworry
If the NPR is at 14,050 GVWR it is most likely OBD1, but not sure.
Besides 2000 and newer motor homes at 14,050 are not OBD2 anyway.

Re: Again another Flaw.

karupt,

If you have ESP, and the vehicle you are testing is OBD 1, it will NOT let you use the OBD2 for RPM. That is what sucks about ESP.

Re: Again another Flaw.

kfworry,

Over 14000 GVWR is OBD 1.

Re: Again another Flaw.

I just did an 02 Winne (14050lbs) and OBD2 connector worked just fine for rpm, I have a Windows 7 Worldwide.

Re: Again another Flaw.

Fiendfx,
don't ask me how , but we have a noncontact square brick probe that is actually accurate ! plus we got an extra long extension that will reach even the
largest mhomes. most noncontacts i have worked with are usually pretty lame and fluctuate the rpms all over the place especially if i used them on dyno tests.

Re: Again another Flaw.

none
Is the extension for the RPM probe or the sample hose? Either way don't let BAR see it. That is "NOT APPROVED".

Re: Again another Flaw.

johnny,

i stated obd2 port doesn't work on obd 1 vehicles for ESP only..