Air Compressor Is about To Quit

xcinlb
I need to replace my Craftman 60 gallon compressor, soon. What size tank, HP and brand are you guys using? Whats the smallest size I can get, for 2 dynos that usually are not being used at the same time.

Re: Air Compressor Is about To Quit

We are T&R, so we have a big 220V 10 HP and two tanks, probably at least 50 gallons each.  We run it at about 150 psi, and it does a pretty good job of keeping up with everybody and everything.  Certainly over-kill for a T.O.

Re: Air Compressor Is about To Quit

Dayton 120/240 volt .small and loud but gets the job done .(kinda like me )

Re: Air Compressor Is about To Quit

Best Answer I Can Give
 What is dying? The head or the motor?
You can buy replacement parts a lot cheaper.

Re: Air Compressor Is about To Quit

I have run a 110v 3hp belt drive with a 22 gallon tank as a back up when I was repairing the motor on my much larger compressor. It works but does run a lot. I also run a zero air generator. DO NOT get a direct drive compressor.

Best, we've rebuilt the head on the compressor motor just a few months ago, and it now makes a noise thats a bit off. New motor is $360 plus shipping from Sears Parts. A complete unit can be purchased refurbished for $489. Thing only lasted me about 2.5 to 3 years, so for that amount why not buy a Husky from Home Depot 3.7 HP belt drive, 60 gallon for $440?
iha

Why not a direct drive? I use a 1.8 hp Dewalt as a backup and i believe it is a direct drive.

Re: Air Compressor Is about To Quit

Best Answer I Can Give
NOISY

Re: Air Compressor Is about To Quit

For back up it will be fine but they don't last and aren't made for constant shop use. Same with oil-less.