Air Retards Board?

bizarsmog
So we have a customer with a 2006 Silverado 4.8L. It has a MAC intake. D 241-6. This comes up as not legal, ending at the 2004 year.  However the part number also falls under 241-7. Unfortunately that EO only applies to 5.3, 6.0 and...6.3?! Never smogged a 6.3 myself. I called MAC and apparently there is no 6.3 engine and it was supposed to be 4.8. They are sending me a 241-7 sticker and all will be well.

What is the point of the actual EO numbers? Let us look up by part numbers dammit.

Re: Air Retards Board?

Best Answer I Can Give
 You bring up something that has bothered me for a LONG time.
ARB, Dude wake up you made a mistake.
The big one is, Wait the CAT was good and now is no longer good? Where's your STAR score. Where is your $1500 fine for screwing up?
You said the CAT was good, and now it's not? Sounds to me like someone didn't do the full and complete job to make the work last forever.

 Why change the number at all? Good point about looking up part number, rather than a EO#, that was good and has been replaced by another. You fail it, you look like a ass. The consumer does not blame ARD they blame you because you didn't know the number has changed.
I have found this on a bunch of K&N stuff.

 I'm sure several of us would like to go back and change what we said was legal. WHY THEM AND NOT US.

 (don't bother, I know the answer)

Re: Air Retards Board?

Air Tard Board does not know that Silverado and C1500 is the same . Don't try and call them , they are like the DMV employees :Annoyed that you have the audacity to stand before them and try to register your car , Tard Board :annoyed that you even have their toll free number and have called them to ask a question . Pffff how dare we .