All ASe 's good for us , bad for us

Karupt
So this just in, next time we go to get our smog certification in a couple years , it will be required we pass the ASE tests . That is good for us , yet by the same token , the probe in the hole techs that BAR is whipping out will not require any thing more than a two week course on how to insert said probe , in (no not your car , the customers car ,there ya go ) I will be the first to say I will not hire any of those probe in the hole guys , they may as well save their money and go to nursing shcool .

Re: All ASe 's good for us , bad for us

smoginstructor
Rocky at BAR said that you will be able to hold either all ASE's A6,A8,L1 or all ASE alternatives A6,A8,L1 you can no longer mix and match is what i was told but like with anything else BAR thinks up, it will change before I even post this forum entry. lol

Re: All ASe 's good for us , bad for us

Mark
I can't see any reason for that other than to eliminate smog techs.

Re: All ASe 's good for us , bad for us

BARrats
http://smogcheck.ca.gov/80_BARResources/05_Legislative/RegulatoryActions/License_Restructure_QnAs.pdf

these are the current rules. Hopefully it sticks and they dont change things..... yeah right

Re: All ASe 's good for us , bad for us

Mark
This is a radical change here. Last time I took an update class no ASEs
were to be required for the give away license. Maybe the new BAR Chief is a tad
bit smarter than the Femdom he replaced.

Re: All ASe 's good for us , bad for us

Karupt
That is another BAR tactic to keep us all guessing , I also heard the same thing about either all ASE or all alternatives, and then a school rep told me they are no longer teaching alternatives per BAR nazis orders .