Another UC car! Watch Out!

1234 ... 6

Another UC car! Watch Out!

Citation Addict
This car is not on the UC list.

Plate: 6HKS745
VIN: 1P3ES46C5YD842281
2000 PLYMOUTH NEON
2.0L AUTOMATIC
Customer Name: VU
Failure: Missing Canister. The end of the evap port line was capped off by a rubber hose on the fire wall.
Location: San Diego
Payment: Cash

I am already in the middle of doing punishment for a current citation, coinsedance it was missing? Its been less than a month.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

ltq88120
thank you for sharing!

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

dont think that was a UC. has new test data from yesterday

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

K20SI
did u smog it and if so did u pass it because it shows that someone passed it yesterday

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

where is the canister on this vehicle? behind the fuel tank near, visible near the rear bumper?

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

it show it passed yesterday at 10 am. didn't even show it failed by you. maybe it is an UC.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Shan
PLYMO NEON 2000 09/09/2013 10:17 a.m. P XX862511C
PLYMO NEON 2000 11/03/2011 02:10 p.m. P XB061474C
PLYMO NEON 2000 10/27/2009 05:59 p.m. P NO411299C
PLYMO NEON 2000 10/27/2009 05:16 p.m. F

I don't think its a UC

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

You caught the UC, the other shop missed-it/passed-it on the same day, 9/9/13,
as to why you see a certificate number.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Karupt
Bplake if you failed this car , the someone else in southern Cali just got hit with it cause its showings pass for yesterday and if you failed it ,it does not show up on the veh. History .
  this was probably one of your follow up UC cars , be careful there may be one more so treat every car as if it was a UC !
    It used to be that before if you were to check a vehicle,s history and it was a UC no additional info. Was posted on that vehicle other than the FAKE history bar created for it. Don,t see how they could use this vehicle again for a UC .
Can you tell usif you rejected it or plain out failed it?

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Smoog1
I thought uc don't show up in the history. Regardless of pass or fail.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

KeepItReal
Smoog1 wrote
I thought uc don't show up in the history. Regardless of pass or fail.
The bar can type in any test history they want.

A couple of years ago, the vehicle test history would show the name of the shop and town it was smoged in.
There was a undercover car that I caught.
Everytime I checked the vehicle test history, the smog shop and town it was last smoged changed.
That was how I knew what town they were running undercover cars in.
They would put the town of the smog shop that they were running undercover cars to make it look less suspicious.

I don't think its a UC
    This History is only showing TWO TESTS NOw ! what happened to the other two !?

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Citation Addict
No that was not me, I slammed the hood shut and told him Fuck off. I wanted no part in the testing.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Citation Addict
They are, but the plate and Vin must match eachother, or show an extensive history. If its missing, its a red flag.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

kilativ
I would call it " POST CITATION UC PARANOIA ".

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Your first mistake was NOT doing the inspection and FAILING the car.
Then they would left you alone for a while.

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

LOL.. So you aborted the test????

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

   Today's history is only showing two tests . Is something strange going on with this veh. history ? if it is it was a uc .

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

138541
different results with plate and vin check. probly a new plate put on after first two tests

Re: Another UC car! Watch Out!

Karupt
I would say that maybe this was not a UC , but I got a followup uc within one month of the citation conference it was the Ford Explorer with the modified PCV .Lady driver was pregnant .forget the name she used . anyway , i think if you are a new station they leave you and the tech alone for about one year .Then after that , you are fair game , once a year maybe even twice .
1234 ... 6