Anti Foulers

My Name is Nobody
I don't see too many 90 degrees anti fouler, how about you?

Straight anti fouler

Re: Anti Foulers

BasicTech678
that top one looks home made, they make many angles and lengths. some of the tuner kids will pay more for the branded ones

https://www.amazon.com/Degree-Angled-Engine-Exhaust-Extension/dp/B00B1U6I54

Re: Anti Foulers

Best Answer I Can Give
 Fucking amazing on how much and to what end, people will do to beat the check.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Anti Foulers

My Name is Nobody wrote
I don't see too many 90 degrees anti fouler, how about you?
I don't see too many 90ยบ anti-fouler setups either.  This 2006 Dodge Caravan 3.3L came in this afternoon with P0440, P0446, and P0447.  It had failed it's smog inspection elsewhere. I quoted the consumer 1.5hrs to diagnose it, and when I picked it up, I saw the tamper.   I told the consumer, we have to fix tampers first, then the EVAP.    He only wanted the EVAP diag, and I just told him, it's not going to play out that way.   He just bought the minivan, and the previous owner has already moved out of state.

Re: Anti Foulers

none
I had a Mini Cooper in the other day that had a spacer on the FRONT O2 sensor.

I see my fair share of the O2 sensor spacers around here but MY problem is that once I fail it, their mechanic will take it out and then they come back to get it retested. All the monitors are complete and it hasn't been driven far enough to set a P0420 code so it passes until next time.

Re: Anti Foulers

I had a Mini Cooper in the other day that had a spacer on the FRONT O2 sensor.

I see my fair share of the O2 sensor spacers around here but MY problem is that once I fail it, their mechanic will take it out and then they come back to get it retested. All the monitors are complete and it hasn't been driven far enough to set a P0420 code so it passes until next time.

i would refuse until, customer provides you with work order showing a diagnostic and proper repair of the tampered system. fail for tampered catalyst, other, and computers sensors switches and wiring. mark the converter and write in the comments about the fouler plug installed. let some one else pass it if they want you already get the fail credit. why would you pass it then enter NO repairs have been completed prior to inspection.

when i get a vehicle that pops up a previous fail. Especially a tamper i ask for the previous VIR and work order. then verify repairs have been done. if they pull the i forgot it at home or they didnt give it to me. i rather take the ABORT then letting the customer feel they found their sucker they can get one over on. if the shop has a problem with it they can call me themselves and gladly point out they suck at diagnostics. for all you know they are charging the customer the crooked smog fee.

Re: Anti Foulers

Re: Anti Foulers

Voltron
D wrote
Showing repair paperwork is not a legal requirement in the smog manual, we test the cars, period. If you need the previous test report to do your job then there is a problem. That being said, yes the new techs piss me off by not detailing the failures. Of course the new analyzers are a failure for not having a comment section as well. I would prefer the book to require us to keep photo evidence of all fails and aftermarket EO required parts.
Or at least when it pops up previous fail show us the vir

Re: Anti Foulers

D wrote
Showing repair paperwork is not a legal requirement in the smog manual, we test the cars, period. If you need the previous test report to do your job then there is a problem. That being said, yes the new techs piss me off by not detailing the failures. Of course the new analyzers are a failure for not having a comment section as well. I would prefer the book to require us to keep photo evidence of all fails and aftermarket EO required parts.
i dont see the problem with asking for previous test reports, no legal requirement says we cant. its CYA Cover Your Ass. what are they going to do call the bar and explain they failed for having a plug fouler installed and came back an hour later wanting a smog with out it installed. who needs photo evidence when you have a DETAILED VIR.

you might as well take off the fouler yourself. basically the same shit

Re: Anti Foulers

jvolman wrote
D wrote
Showing repair paperwork is not a legal requirement in the smog manual, we test the cars, period. If you need the previous test report to do your job then there is a problem. That being said, yes the new techs piss me off by not detailing the failures. Of course the new analyzers are a failure for not having a comment section as well. I would prefer the book to require us to keep photo evidence of all fails and aftermarket EO required parts.
Or at least when it pops up previous fail show us the vir
if you click the arrows of a failed smog it will break down what part it failed

>visual
>obd

cant remember the last arrow you click on the arrows it shows you what portion was failed at least it dose that.

Re: Anti Foulers

Re: Anti Foulers

BasicTech678
D Rochells 150861 wrote
No, you are wrong. Missing repair orders are not on the pre-test rejection list, you could be cited for not following procedures for insisting on such.

Do you want shitty scribbled notes or a picture to make your job easier?

They are not going to call BAR, they are going to find someone who will pass it.

And what the fuck is with the new techs trying to teach the old dogs new tricks?

we all started ois at the same time didn't realize you were doing ois before everyone else lmao.

cant be cited if they dont call the bar. you said it yourself they are not going to call the bar, im fine with someone else passing it. I WONT! if i got the fail i did my job ill let someone else do the rest

Re: Anti Foulers

If a car failed somewhere else I usually go by what the ois says it failed under and look around on my own. If everything looks ok I just mention to customer what did it fail for and if he got it fixed. But no need to be scared if they don't have the previous vir on hand, if you have enough experience you know what to look for.
Bunch of plumpy hens stop overeating!

Re: Anti Foulers

BasicTech678
Lose weight wrote
If a car failed somewhere else I usually go by what the ois says it failed under and look around on my own. If everything looks ok I just mention to customer what did it fail for and if he got it fixed. But no need to be scared if they don't have the previous vir on hand, if you have enough experience you know what to look for.
i agree i was just explaining the extra precaution i take for "TAMPER fails"  the usual aftermarket intakes, unapproved cats the main suspects. i dont care if the aftermarket intake is sitting on the seat next to me as long as it wasnt installed when the drove in nothing i can do about it. but those that go the extra step with plug fouler's deserve the hard time and bouncing around shop to shop looking for someone to pass it. not my problem. car failed visual/functional for mill? proceed as usual it fails it fails. tampers are the only ones im kicking without a VIR. they usually get it tested right after it fails shouldn't be to hard to keep that vir with you

Re: Anti Foulers

Voltron
BasicTech678 wrote
jvolman wrote
D wrote
Showing repair paperwork is not a legal requirement in the smog manual, we test the cars, period. If you need the previous test report to do your job then there is a problem. That being said, yes the new techs piss me off by not detailing the failures. Of course the new analyzers are a failure for not having a comment section as well. I would prefer the book to require us to keep photo evidence of all fails and aftermarket EO required parts.
Or at least when it pops up previous fail show us the vir
if you click the arrows of a failed smog it will break down what part it failed

>visual
>obd

cant remember the last arrow you click on the arrows it shows you what portion was failed at least it dose that.
Interresting.  Had no idea.  Is this ois only or the gen3 as well

Re: Anti Foulers

BasicTech678
still using spx havent upgraded yet. maybe besta can answer that. or someone else who already upgraded

Re: Anti Foulers

Re: Anti Foulers

BasicTech678
Ee

Re: Anti Foulers

Ee
I had a Mini Cooper in the other day that had a spacer on the FRONT O2 sensor.

I see my fair share of the O2 sensor spacers around here but MY problem is that once I fail it, their mechanic will take it out and then they come back to get it retested. All the monitors are complete and it hasn't been driven far enough to set a P0420 code so it passes until next time.
I Tested a Mini Cooper and it appeared to have a spacer in the front o2 sensor, but I knew the customer and he bought it new, and would never put that on, so I did research on google Mini Cooper catalytic converter images and it shows that spacer as original, or it looks like a spacer but I concluded that's the way it is

Re: Anti Foulers

none
Ee wrote
none wrote
I had a Mini Cooper in the other day that had a spacer on the FRONT O2 sensor.
I Tested a Mini Cooper and it appeared to have a spacer in the front o2 sensor, but I knew the customer and he bought it new, and would never put that on, so I did research on google Mini Cooper catalytic converter images and it shows that spacer as original, or it looks like a spacer but I concluded that's the way it is
OOPS. You are right. I just did a Google image search and found a picture of it. I hope he didn't manage to get it out before retesting it.