Anybody see this yet?

cosmokramertheassman

I got this message twice while running an inspection on a Saturn Vue. I wonder what it's about.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

FiendFX
Done a vue b4 but never had that problem

Re: Anybody see this yet?

KeepItReal
It did that once on a car I did, I think it was on a Cadillac.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

no i have not , but two questions 1. why did BAR make an abort option when you can just log out ? and 2. is anybody else's ois slow to get online in the mornings ?

Re: Anybody see this yet?

BlueSky
cosmokramertheassman wrote

I got this message twice while running an inspection on a Saturn Vue. I wonder what it's about.
That looks like the second message because the first message usually asks you to turn off ignition and turn back on but don't start.

I have done several Vues in the past few days and that same message has popped up on every one of them.  Very common on the Vues I would say.

As for taking a long time to recognize first login.  I notice it's been taking about a minute.

Today on 2 smog tests I've gotten a message to restart the OIS client.  Upon restart it's been taking about 10 minutes before the Main Menu screen finally appears.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

cosmokramertheassman
^^Wrong. This was the message that popped up both times. Nonetheless, I wonder if it's vehicle specific or if it's the new "weasel check."

They really need to get this thing bulletproof before the hard start date. A 10-15 minute start up after opening the OIS app is unacceptable. Plus, the server has gone down twice in the last two weeks.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

Karupt
yes the ois sometimes goes into cyberspace and stays on a white screen for about ten minutes , i always turn the comp off then on and after about two tries it works , what a ghastly pain .
   As for the abort  , I am not saying i am perfect i am just saying ,that you CAN log out and even start a new inspection and when you get to the screen that asks new inspection or resume you pick new inspection . i do not think it counts as an abort against your star record .

Re: Anybody see this yet?

BlueSky
karuptrougeouttacontrol wrote
...you CAN log out and even start a new inspection and when you get to the screen that asks new inspection or resume you pick new inspection . i do not think it counts as an abort against your star record .
I've closed the program and have got the resume message before but today I had 2 tests that I was about to print the cert and I got the message to restart the OIS-Client software and the OIS did not retsain any of the info from the previous tests.

Aborts don't count on OIS for now.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

A Vue did that to me too.  I had that screen pop up three or four times during the same test.  It "failed" for readiness, then did the same thing the next day on the way to a Pass.

Have you guys noticed that Fords/Lincolns/Mercurys are more likely to trigger the "No cert Pass because the equipment changed during the test" bullshit time-waster?  I'm not sure, but it seems that way to me.

Also, have you noticed that Dodges/Chryslers are more likely to trigger the "Unable to determine if the vehicle is OBD2" message?

I'm running a wired Applus on Windows 8, BTW.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Anybody see this yet?

BlueSky
barrym95838 wrote
Have you guys noticed that Fords/Lincolns/Mercurys are more likely to trigger the "No cert Pass because the equipment changed during the test" bullshit time-waster?  I'm not sure, but it seems that way to me.

I haven't had this happen to me since beta testing ended.

Also, have you noticed that Dodges/Chryslers are more likely to trigger the "Unable to determine if the vehicle is OBD2" message?

Yes

I'm running a wired Applus on Windows 8, BTW.

I'm using the same stuff.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

locopoco
A VW with ABS light on did that to me,and finally I had to abort the test.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

PCMASTER
you don't need to abort some of those vehicles have 2 ecu (hyundai ,Kia ...etc ) when that message comes OIS try to check 2nd ecu so follow on screen 1st KOEO than it will say to Turn the engine on ...on VW/Audi if abs light on turn key on and try running test i had same issue (during Beta ) with one of them OIS and scanner will not communicate with vehicle running if you try with KOEO it will work...

Re: Anybody see this yet?

But you are violating the test procedure by doing it KOEO. The VWs have a problem with com if the ABS light is on and should fail and be repaired. Aside from those idiots should fix their ABS. Aren't more emissions produced due to longer braking times? We should be able to fail ABS lights.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

PCMASTER
MR D : please see post it says beta and that time i spoke to bar rep and he said they are going to leave rpm flag off on that vehicle if you try to do smog on other vehicles with engine off will not test requires rpm on those vehicle . so its not called  "Not following procedure"  its called "solution to your problem" ...

Re: Anybody see this yet?

Barry,

I did had that problem on Chrysler, I also made a thread about it. Looks like I'm not the only one.

On the Fords, I got no problems though.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

PCMASTER wrote
MR D : please see post it says beta and that time i spoke to bar rep and he said they are going to leave rpm flag off on that vehicle if you try to do smog on other vehicles with engine off will not test requires rpm on those vehicle . so its not called  "Not following procedure"  its called "solution to your problem" ...
   what you are saying is that BAR is looking for MORE WAYS TO SCREW US OVER BY NITPICKING EVEN FURTHER into the WAY we do ois .EVEN THOUGH its supposed to be cheater proof!!! OMG when does it end ?

Re: Anybody see this yet?

SmogTech
Have 1 yesterday.

Re: Anybody see this yet?

deviationmaster
Using drew with self assembled hardware and have not had these many problems, again what equipment are you guys using?

Re: Anybody see this yet?

Karupt
  Drew and since the update more problems than without it .

Re: Anybody see this yet?

RE:VW aBS

Even in BETA, what would serve the customer most? Generating a pass, or helping them fix it so we don't have another idiot in two years arguing with the next tech that it passed like that 2 years ago? I know it could pass on BETA, I was pissed when it happened because I had had a bunch of confused customers with VW ABS fail on BAR 97.