Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

Joe

Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

Joe
Last one was only a minute or two, this one seems to be lagging.

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

INDER
i did one machine  one still going  took 45 mins server is overloaded

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

INDER
now after update same slow loading OIS still waiting from past 5 mins to load inspection screen

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

Karupt
@ Inder same here ! did the update only took one minute BUT NOW taking forever to load the ois perform inspection part good thing i did it before any customers got here .
Joe

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

Joe
Same here.
Lagging on the inspection screen.
Ok to test with BAR97?

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

INDER
do this it worked for me
After OIS Update Re-start Whole PC wait couple of min and than launch OIS shoould work faster now
now mine is blazing fast

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

Karupt
SO IT went from slow to blazing fast huh? wonder what the new update did besides make it blazing fast ? guess i will find out after my first customer !

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

I was done in under 25 minutes, even while being distracted and having it wait for me to hit ENTER a couple of times.  I didn't restart or do anything else special, and my connection isn't particularly fast.  Maybe I'm just lucky, or I got preferential treatment for being closer to the main server.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

mines not lagging.

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

Midnightdrummer
I couldn't even open the ois client. It just stayed on a white screen for the last three smogs

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

BlueSky
I updated mine at 5:45am and it took 30 seconds, very quick at that time of the morning.

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

FiendFX
do you sleep at your work place? lol

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

BlueSky
FiendFX wrote
do you sleep at your work place? lol
No, I open at 6:30am.  Already had 3 today, but I'm closing at noon.

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

My boss and I have never tried it, but I can imagine that your customers at 6:30 AM might be a mixture of people who got up early and people who haven't slept yet.  Maybe the ratio varies with neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure that mine would lean toward the latter!

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

BlueSky
barrym95838 wrote
My boss and I have never tried it, but I can imagine that your customers at 6:30 AM might be a mixture of people who got up early and people who haven't slept yet.  Maybe the ratio varies with neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure that mine would lean toward the latter!
Your right, nearly all early customers have just gotten off work.

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

I want an old firestation so I can do smogs 24hrs, for very high prices of course. As long as its OIS smog is quiet now.

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

cosmokramertheassman
If I could, I'd open from 6-3 everyday. I think it would be awesome to have that much free time after getting off work. Too bad the majority of my customers come in after 3pm. Haha

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

BlueSky wrote
... nearly all early customers have just gotten off work.
Work?!?  That's funny ... I was implying that mine would have been tweaking around all night before deciding to come in, right before they crashed.  The usual give-aways are staccato sentence delivery, strange facial ticks and unnecessary arm movements.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

RussellJames

Re: Anyone complete this OIS update. How long did it take?

I was definitely not kidding.  I was kinda thinking that we could cater to the few working folks in our neighborhood by being open from 2 PM to 10 PM, but it's difficult to be a test-and-repair after 5 PM, when most of the parts delivery places are done for the night.  It would be nice to be able to take care of personal business like doctor's appointments and DMV and such in the morning, without stressing out about losing customers.

barrym95838
EO144107