Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Citation Addict

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

FiendFX
so what happened to your case bro?

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Midnightdrummer
I am also curious to see if anyone has gotten STAR back after a citation.

So if you're STAR and you get a citation for say... Missed the PCV being plugged off, do they strip your STAR status away just for that mistake and make your license for the most part worthless?.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Citation Addict
My score has not dropped below a .4, but I still can not qualify due to the one year rule. I am pretty beat up due to loss of business. I am doing ok but it could be better.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Voltron
@midnightdrummer. To my knowledge, you can do smogs but have to wait a year then you can earn star again but you start from scratch again. So pretty much like you said worthless. This is what Frank Chu and Mark told me.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Citation Addict
You just cannot do Star Directed at all. Period. They strip the Star completely along with the fines they impose on you and the Station.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

mike
The stigma of a citation is the bad part. Not sure that will go away. I went away with the old
license when you renewed to the eo license but I dont see it coming off the new eo license?
Did you renew your licnese?
are you on the old EA license?
Wont matter for the self employed techs but the potential employer can see it in your license history.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Midnightdrummer
BAR: "Oh hey let's go hit this hard working man whos just working to feed his family! We'll get them clean pipers some other time."

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

FiendFX
my update class instructor told the class, BAR can fine the shop and the tech for $5000 for their first mistake on UC.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

FRUSTRATED
The BAR has no balls, they don't go after the clean piper.  They will rather put some hard ass to find tamper and label you a god damn cheater and put you out of business, in the best interest of the public of course!

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Midnightdrummer
$5000? For missing one tamper? That's way overboard....

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

FiendFX
My instructor talked to Rocky from the BAR and that's what he said...

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

kfworry
It is UP TO $5000 they can access on citation fines.
It could be FAR LESS $$$$ for the first citation.

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Voltron
The citation I got 4 years ago for missing a pcv tamper on a 95 impala cost me $1000 for the fine and $250 for citation class(which was a joke) and the shop $1000 as well. Bullshit

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Midnightdrummer
Yeah our smog check program helps the air look! He missed something being unplugged and we got $2000 out of it. Now the airs fixed yaaaay

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Smog Help
That question depends on whether your are asking about:
1. a shop citation[ there is never a reason for a shop to lost their STAR after citation if the process is utilized]
2. a technician citation[ Most technicians will not be eligible to work in a STAR station for a year, but after one year the prohibition is removed]
3. if the citation was finalized and a year has passed.[absolutely: both STAR stations and technicians have returned to STAR eligible.]

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

honesttech
Yes they took away my star because a citation, I got it back this month after 1 year. one thing I learned, just pay the citation and its useless to appeal.. you have no chance of winning

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

FiendFX
some shop appeal to buy time, in the meantime, still stay in business and smog..

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

mikesmobile
Any way for the citation to come off of one's license history?
Mike

Re: Anyone get thier Star back after a Citation?

Smog Help
That's one I don't know. If the citation comes off the license history.

Why does it matter?

It only impacts STAR for a year.
12