Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

mikesmobile
Been doing for a while just thought I'd drop that tip.
Mike

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

Troll
we use one of the harbor freight cameras with storage. works real nice

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

Newbiesmogtech
i use my phone and a selfie stick

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

none
I use my phone sometimes while laying on my back with my arm stretched out and dirt falling in my ear only to find out I shook too much.

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

cosmokramertheassman
Happens to me too. And the occasional burn as well.

 The stamp on some converters is so light and the font so thin that's it's hard to read sometimes, even with a picture. The CARB really should require the font to be much bigger and more easily read, a reverse image would help too for those of us who use mirrors to read the EOs.

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

D Rochells 150861
Cats need eo stickers, and every install should be recorded with arb in a database with pictures that techs can access.

Or maybe just a 1 cat fits all and a big OK on them.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

none
I prefer how Walker does it with raised stamped digits so when the Subaru has been in the snow in Tahoe for the last six years and everything is rusty you can still read the numbers.

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

fartvalve
All the time! Works great
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

deathbysmog
Nothing works better then an above ground dyno, just slid right under the car with a flashlight and a mirror good to go, I don't know how you guys with in-ground dyno's do it. Having to jack up almost every car with a aftermarket cat seems like a lot of work.

Re: Anyone use their camera with flash to get Catalytic Converter numbers.

StarTech
fuck a mirror. I never use one. phone all the way. I just set it to record and slide it under and rewatch it. bam!