Audis are not OIS ..

Karupt
friendly . It took me an hour to do an OIS on an Audi . the first time the OIS failed the inspection because I was required to not have the engine running . the second time it kept giving me the message to turn car off and then on and try again then it locked me out . FINAlly , I was to go KOeO and that is how the OIS uploaded the info . phew . I am just glad I did not give up and kept at it plus we were a little slow .

Re: Audis are not OIS ..

kfworry
I've had a diesel do that.
The screen clearly says "Key On Engine OFF".

Re: Audis are not OIS ..

That's happened to me several times, mostly with Chryslers, Saturns and Fords.  It says something about trying to verify the "CVN", whatever the hell that means.

Re: Audis are not OIS ..

Johnnybeme
Every time I get any communication issue I give it external power and whala!

Re: Audis are not OIS ..

Just the Facts

Re: Audis are not OIS ..

hello
I always always run 12v.

It takes 5 seconds extra to plug in the cigarette plug because I have it tapped to the OBDII cord.

If cig. lighter doesn't work, then I'll connect to the battery. That part can take a little longer sometimes, but it's not really a big deal.

I've done many Audis on my Drew OIS.

Only two cars I haven't been able to do is an 2005 F150 CNG and a 2007 Toyota Camry V6.

Re: Audis are not OIS ..

My wired Applus has been able to do them all, so far.  It's just that the ones that pop up the "CVN" message can take a long time to complete.  I had to reject a newer diesel VW with no underhood label, because I wasn't having much luck finding info on it with moderate effort, and there was other work waiting.  The owner's boyfriend had a Ferrari of some sort, and he turned up his nose at our inspection price for his dick-extension.

I was deeply disappointed, and had to take a short break in the bathroom for a tearful sob.