B.A.R. Cheif

stopthestarprogram
Well as you might have noticed on your B.A.R. blasts, Sherry Mehl has re-signed her position as B.A.R. Cheif.  The insight on this matter is that she was pushing B.A.R. Reps. to give citations and revoke licenses and if a B.A.R. Rep. didn't meet his/her quota set by Sherry Mehl then that individual was fired!!  Well to her demise those B.A.R. Field reps. are now suing B.A.R. and State of California for wrongful dismissal.  This headache which she created got to her and made her quit!  Thankfully for us but from reading about our new chief with his long career at B.A.R. we can expect one of two things.  First that he needs to prove himself to everyone and be a nightmare to us in the auto repair industry or he might be so fed up with B.A.R.'s holocaust that he might make changes for the better.  At this point we can only wait and see!

Re: B.A.R. Cheif

sadZpanda
2 thumbs up for the Field Reps. Funny how she takes the easy way out.

Re: B.A.R. Cheif

missu
I am calling Sacramento Bar immediately and ask why i was not sent that BAR Blast that Sherry Mehl resigned !I know i am entitled to it as i am licenced by these folks also the article that inland empire instructor wrote , sums it all up in a nutshell !

Re: B.A.R. Cheif

missu
The BAR website has no Blasts for this year ! I know they have sent me a couple already . I am glad your mammma Mehl resigned , maybe this new chief will bring stability and work with us not AGainst us !(wishful thinking inserted here )

Re: B.A.R. Cheif

smoginstructor
From what I can see they are not letting up.  B.A.R. recently found Business and Professions Code 494 ( Interim Order) which allows any B.A.R. to file a petition against you because he/she thinks you are dangerous to the public's health, safety, or welfare.  Although most of those cases the B.A.R. loses as usual they are still try to prove they are superior.  Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum please make sure to get an attorney when dealing with B.A.R. and those bunch of idiots.  Secondly always plea the fifth with immunity so that way you don't need to answer any of their questions and if you do answer any they can not be used against you in court.  I can't wait until we get all those idiots fired and then we make them feel how they made us feel!!  I can't believe that B.A.R. charges you to incriminate yourself.  When a drug dealer gets caught he is never charged investigations costs for the detectives and under cover stings.  But with B.A.R. we are charged money to go to court. We are also charged for investigations costs, the funny thing is that the B.A.R. reps are being paid salary and they do their investigations during normal business hours.  I can't wait until they feel what we have felt for years!!

Re: B.A.R. Cheif

smoginstructor
Well after lots of leaks from the B.A.R. we found that Sherry Mehl didn't resign she actually was voted out because she didn't meet the quotas set forth to her my state of California.  She was told to give on average 300-400 citations a month to prevent smog stations from becoming STAR approved.  We were are also told that since California is seeing the one smog station charging 50.00 for a smog and they do 15 a day they make more then a Field rep in a week, so this leads the field reps to hate you or us as shop owners.  Since it is illegal to prevent a license to be issued the only thing they can do is make us close because we wont be able to smog any cars.

Re: B.A.R. Cheif

karuptrougeouttacontrol
so she was voted out, either way she will recieve a life pension and benefits for her six year tenure . As for the field reps knowing how much we charge for a smog , what they do not know is that those fifty dollars get divided in many parts such as 8.25 for you BAR 1.00 for your SGS, (last i checked the internet was free)
then there is a portion to the electric company , a portion to the rent , a portion to the phone company , a portion to the employee, so what is left over ?  I am over it , eventually there will be no smog program  anyway , all vehicles are being made to have zero emmissions  . does anyone remember the bar 97 and when that came out ? was there a big fuss over that ?