BAR Partners with DMV

My Name is Nobody
BAR is partners with DMV to inspect used vehicles and if the vehicle is not in compliance then it has to be smogged at the referee.  This is new and is great for the consumers.

Go ahead and try to inspect the aftermarket cats on the ground.  BAR is really going to put those reps to work now

https://bar.ca.gov/pdf/ARSC_Newsletter_Spring_2018.pdf

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

D Rochells 150861
They will just put ref labels saying "Scratchy CAT no EO ok"

זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

Interesting information considering that the referee is already busy and understaffed.

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

drivecycle
But it doesn't apply to private party sellers, only dealers.

As we all know most private party buyers only do the smog check after they buy it and by then its too late if it fails.

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

KeepItReal
It is only for used car lot dealers.
This is not new. They have been doing that for years.
What is new is sending a car to the referee because of incomplete monitors.

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

Best Answer I Can Give
 BAR thinks the vehicle has been done at a "Smog Mill" as in it was never there.
Is this a way to catch those?

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

SoCalSmogGuy
drivecycle wrote
But it doesn't apply to private party sellers, only dealers.

As we all know most private party buyers only do the smog check after they buy it and by then its too late if it fails.
Exactly what drivecycle said.

This has nothing to do with the consumer. BAR reps will be showing up to used car lots and conducting inspections.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

My Name is Nobody

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

OH Boy , I know at least one used car dealership that is not going to be very happy . We used to smog their vehicles , until I kept failing many with aftermarket cold air intakes and parts .They refused to get the eo's or put originals back on .They went somewhere else .

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

Kevin
Sounds like corporate collusion to me

Re: BAR Partners with DMV

I heard that the used car dealers inspections were suspended currently. It is just a rumor though.