BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
I had a suspected undercover vehicle come in for smog. I asked for the gentlemans id. He gave it to me and it was real. So i proceed with my inspection. Five minutes into the smog, i figured out he was a bar undercover vehicle. I confronted him and asked him straight out up:"are you working for the state"? He said no. So i failed the vehicle, charged him the money, and told him to FUCK OFF.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
so to all my fellow smog tech homies. Be very careful. I dont want anyone getting fucked over. The state is issuing fake ids on undercover runs.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

138541
what kind of car was it

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
id rather not say since i have never you seen you post here no offense. But BE CAREFUL EVERYBODY.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

138541
completely understand.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

RAYMOND323
did he pay you cash or with credit card

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
Im sorry, but i cant answer that question here.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

007
Story sounds fake to me, there would be no reason not to supply the name, make of car and method of payment.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

Accused
I see a reason.

It's called paranoia.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

Citation Addict
GOOD FOR YOU. WHAT KIND OF UC CAR?

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
its called covering my ass as much as possible. thank you.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

kilativ
why would you need ID from the customer?
all you need is a renewal notice or registration.
Check this car tomorrow on BAR's website, if you see a fail with today's date
then it is paranoia.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
Thats fine. everyone just live in there own little worlds. Im just trying to help. Like i said before, too many of us are getting screwed. The reason why i like getting an ID is because the customer takes too long to fill out the paper work. So why i have my helper pull in the vehicle, im filling out paper work. You guys that have a helper should try it. It saves about 3-4mins. Doesnt sound much, but if you have 20 cars a day, do the math.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
and why would the story be fake, I wouldnt waste my time.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
These are the best details that i will give out. His name on the id did not the signature. Now on to detail #2. From my experience from being an ex repossesor, i know what type of certain people live in certain neighboorhoods. His address was in shit hole where a bunch of gangsters, crackheads, and prostitutes roam the street. i use to get into altercations there almost everyday with these losers.  No offense to anybody, but you could just tell there was no way a square, up tight, college eduacted person would live there. So can everyone connect the dots?

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

Joeinpb

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

You my not be wasting your time, but with no details you are wasting are time. If you had the balls to tell him to go fuck himself then you would certainly have the balls to post important information, if the story was true. This story has fake written all over it. Afraid to post is ridiculous.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
Im doing something thats called being street smart. Ive worked with about 5 different smog techs that were l1 certified, twice as old as me, or had three times more experience. And you know what happend to these techs. They all failed. At first, I thought they would show me the ropes. But it was the other way around.REason why they failed was because they were too book smart, or they had a sliver spoon up there ass. They couldnt diagnose a vehicle. They sucked at talking to customers. They couldnt tell which customers were undercover. The one that was L1 certified came off the rollers on the dyno. He was the cocky type tho. The other one that was twice my age came off the rollers too. I was very surprised when all of this happend. It is nice having ase's to show off to customers, but what ive learned is that most techs that bark, 99% dont bite. Just like how fat or scrawny bar reps are.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

007
Street smart, telling anyone especially a custimor to fuck off is ignorant and not street smart, the streets i grew up on would have resulted in a ass whoopin if you told someone to fuck off.

Re: BAR'S FAKE IDS

smogster
IT WASNT A CUSTOMER. IT WAS AN UNDERCOVER BAR REP. THATS WHY I TOLD HIM TO FUCK OFF. One more point. mechanics cant spell for shit. You just mispelled customer.
123