BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
One full second by second, or weasel check as some know it as. Then two more second by seconds, but without running the whole ASM portion. I just saw it say "Purging files - Second-by-second" when it connected to the VID. Third one today in about six smogs, two of those being TSI. Must be the next one under the radar.

Re: BAR must be watching me

I don't think that I've ever had more than one in a single day, you lucky dog!!

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
Its actually been EVERY ASM test. I must just have missed the other one. After every ASM it says saving second by second. Then at the VID it says sending second by second record. How awesome. Like I said it still does the "quick pass" though which is kind of weird.

Re: BAR must be watching me

k20si
I have notice mine dose that to

Re: BAR must be watching me

How fast do you do your smogs?

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
Id say fairly quick. Probably quicker than BAR wants me to. I do my most of my visual while the machine is connecting to the VID and doing its thing. So probably the 10-15 minute mark if its OBDII. You think that may have triggered it?

Re: BAR must be watching me

RussellJames

Re: BAR must be watching me

I'm not positive but i notice if I take my time, I don't get many weasel checks. Maybe once a day.

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
Well if I start seeing some weird cars across the street or some suspicious cars coming in, Ill be sure to report back here. As of right now Ive got bills to pay so BAR can screw off haha

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
k20si, what area are you in? Maybe they're just collecting data from certain areas. It happened all day yesterday and just did my first smog today and its still going on. So idk. Not too worried about it.

Re: BAR must be watching me

jvolman
is it jdm yo?

Re: BAR must be watching me

Karupt
BAR has been known to set up cameras across the street from any shop. Across the street there is a 7-11 and lots of traffic, so I make sure to keep. My back to the door . As for weasel checks , I do not mind them just a bit annoying cause they take longer.

Re: BAR must be watching me

deviationmaster
if the machine runs all the way and you see second by second on the communication screen, you know the vehicle was randomly run all the way. I think this is just for statistical data, and to see how many restarts techs do

Re: BAR must be watching me

Kriss Vector

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
No second by second on TSIs, but my ASM ISNT running the whole thing through BUT IS saving second by second data on every single ASM. Which is very strange

Re: BAR must be watching me

Kriss Vector

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
^I agree. Still going on today - Third day in a row.

Re: BAR must be watching me

FiendFX
Just had one today too

Re: BAR must be watching me

This is strange .. I would say but let them ,we ain't hiding anything right? There weaselcheckmode did like a bad thermostat and got stuck in the on or open position.

Re: BAR must be watching me

Midnightdrummer
Must be stuck open cause it's still doing it even a week later
12