BAR's vehicle history?????

locopoco
Since wed. I can't retrieve the vehicle history on BAR's website.
It says"Sorry, an error occurred retrieving this vehicle's tests. Please try again later".
Are you guys having the same problem?I've tried with different pc and even different browsers with same results.

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

El Smogo
Yes what are they up to now?

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

K20SI
nope still down

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

kfworry
This is NOT the first time we have been unable to retrieve vehicle smog test history.
I have seen this problem MANY times in the past 7-years.
Wait patiently and see what happens.

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

K20SI
i hope by logging the info into the smog machine then aborting right away dosnt count as abort because i ve done that a couple of times this week lol

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

LeonsShop
probably readjusting the list of star stations and directed vehicles?

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

K20SI
yea i have noticed that recently it dosnt say test only in the box when u look up cars it says star now

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Smog Master
You have to read the destructions (ha) to stay safe. Star bombs only occur when you abort after emissions testing begins and if the the cheeseball machine aborts for u by locking up or whatever DOCUMENT it. While BAR won't adjust your grade for every one u doc. it will save your ass if it becomes critical to your participation in star. Go read the et blasts, the smog check manual online, and the star sections online. And stop paying attention to all the myths and legend's!
P.S. You guy's are wasting your time looking up history, just fail what should, pass what should, document the weird shit, get permission in writing to check monitors for free (cover your ass) and do a good job !

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Just another shop owner
It's the deal that you can look up STAR or not, and not need to pull it in, type in all the idiot data, waste time while you wait for the VID. You can look it up from a Smart phone in the parking lot.

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

None
To calculate your FPR.

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

KeepItReal
Smog Master wrote
 get permission in writing to check monitors for free (cover your ass) and do a good job !
How is that covering your ass ?

I've never filled out a work order just to check for incomplte monitors.

I've never had a customer call the bar on me to make a compliant that I didn't fill out a work order before I checked his monitors.

Even if he did, so what?

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Troll
off original post- you do need a work order to check monitors prior to a smog.
the program rep 1 will flex his muscles, and yes-believe it-they will write you up and expect you to sign it.
happened just that way

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Just another shop owner
As per a BAR cop, work on a car N/C or not, write up a work order.

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Mark
If you have a cheap code reader just show the customer
how to use it during the first test (When you have a WO
filled out) After that just point to it when he comes back
to check his monitors. Saves time, gets the customer
involved in the repair so they trust you. The BAR is going
to do what if you let a customer borrow a tool?

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

K20SI
ITS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN   I JUST CHECK IT!!!!

Re: BAR's vehicle history?????

As long as when a STAR directed vehicle is shown on the screen at a non-star station
and you "exit" the test at that point, NO SGS charges are accessed.
I know because I have had to do it several times in the past 6-months
when the smog check history page is down.
Besides, the CARB EO look-up page is flakey.