BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

yalo
Hi, did anyone had the same issue?
We had our BAR97 (opus) locked since Jan 6th for no apparent reason. Its all calibrated including EVAP and we had BAR audit on Dec 1st which we passed. I made OPUS tech to come and check machine yesterday - he can't see anything wrong. He recalibrated dyno scales just in case. BAR rep can't even tell why we have state lockout. All day I'm sending to Program Rep 1 photos of station signs, emission books, adapter tester guide etc like I'm opening new station, photos of every calibration step and photos of gas tank labels. In 11 years being in industry I've never seen anything like that. And again, we just passed audit month ago.

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

none
I've never heard of this either. The BAR rep won't give a reason but it is a lock out on their end, and your OIS is still working fine?

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

yalo
Yes, everything fine with ois, the lockout for bar 97 only, which calibrated fine, opus guy could not find any reason for lockout and rep doesn't have any info as well. All they ask me to do is to send them photos of everything on the list from their checklist from evap pliers to books, crazy. And we had BAR audit month ago, no problems whatsoever.

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

WealdstoneRaider
What does the screen say? Just state lockout? Usually it'll say why.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

yalo
Nothing, every single calibration has passed. No tampers. The local rep responce is the following :

 The Audit that you had conducted is something that happens annually to all shops and has nothing to do with your shop specifically.  As far as the lock out you experienced it is a lock out that is set from Sacramento and is usually due to a testing anomaly that could occur due to testing procedures.  I do not know what the exact cause of your lock out is as we are not provided that information. I hope that helps.

I hope to be unlocked today, but it sucks that they keep you in the dark and BAR 97 is not working during busiest time of the year.

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

Newbiesmogtech
yalo wrote
Nothing, every single calibration has passed. No tampers. The local rep responce is the following :

 The Audit that you had conducted is something that happens annually to all shops and has nothing to do with your shop specifically.  As far as the lock out you experienced it is a lock out that is set from Sacramento and is usually due to a testing anomaly that could occur due to testing procedures.  I do not know what the exact cause of your lock out is as we are not provided that information. I hope that helps.

I hope to be unlocked today, but it sucks that they keep you in the dark and BAR 97 is not working during busiest time of the year.
I'm in the same position as you at the moment, "State lockout contact local field office" my unit was locked on the 9th and so far have not heard back from the program rep. Local field office stopped answering my calls.

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

BasicTech678
Newbiesmogtech wrote
yalo wrote
[...]

both need to go around them and call sac help desk say they told you to call them they dont know why its locked out. gotta play the game like they do. they are all at home being lazy fucks

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

Best Answer I Can Give
 Are you behind on your payments to Opus?

 Think about it and what could happen if Opus is having the State lock you out for payment.
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

bcwcardz
These things are why I left the business. My ulcer thanks me.

Re: BAR97 is locked since Jan 6th

yalo
We got unlocked. Still do not have reason for it to be locked. It took local office 1 week to follow up. Local rep blames everything on Sacramento.