Bad probe wire ?

Tanktank07
Doing a 1991 Nissan 3.0 , connect the probe start the test , at 25 asm it reads about 1780s rpm  then switches and gives about 1690 for 25 asm  . So problem is when the test prints out it gives me 1590s on the 15asm how is this possible and does it affect my score ,?igs?

Re: Bad probe wire ?

none
I don't think so because you have a range that the 90% would be in and then you have another 200rpm from there before you get a ding. I'm guessing the first should say 15 ASM and that it is an automatic transmission.

Re: Bad probe wire ?

kfworry
This whole RPM thing needs to be "thrown in the trash"!!!!
The software gives us an RPM range, so what difference does it make
what RPM we do ASM's????
It is Hog Wash!!!!
Total BS!!!!

Re: Bad probe wire ?

Tanktank07
Oops your right the 15 was at 1790 ish and it read 1590 on paper and 25 read at 1690

Re: Bad probe wire ?

INLANDSMOG
You all worry too much about the small stuff........ Build a bridge and GET OVER IT!! Do you job right and document everything!!!!!!

Re: Bad probe wire ?

D Rochells 150861
You need to work this job in the current environment before you can have an opinion. Too many people who were techs in the past think they know what it is like these days.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Bad probe wire ?

INLANDSMOG
D wrote
You need to work this job in the current environment before you can have an opinion. Too many people who were techs in the past think they know what it is like these days.
D, I hope you are not talking about me.........

Re: Bad probe wire ?

D Rochells 150861
I was, I really don't like it when people tell techs to just do their jobs correctly without considering that BAR and typical owners have not provided a working environment facilitates such. Worrying about IGS is a real problem, I got IGS and caused a shop to lose STAR and force the owner to sell. I do my job correctly and I get accused of fraud on a Prius. When was the last time you worked in a one man shop doing OIS and BAR97 and explaining monitors to senior citizens every couple hours? Have you ever gotten a bad Yelp review because a woman couldn't understand you?
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Bad probe wire ?

D wrote
When was the last time you worked in a one man shop doing OIS and BAR97 and explaining monitors to senior citizens every couple hours?
I can't be sure (because I don't know if he was a one-man operation), but I think it has been about two years since INLAND was in the mix, and he was in it for at least 17 years.

I am very thankful for my co-workers, because they (usually) allow me to do what I do best, without getting bogged down in what I don't do so well.

Re: Bad probe wire ?

D Rochells 150861
Yeah, I'm being kinda Grinchy these days. I really don't like hearing that if you just do your job stuff when the person saying it hasn't actually seen what the other person is going through. I think it started with Rocky using his own career to judge people and say they need to do their job correctly.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Bad probe wire ?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Changing the subject, but, 100%, 100% 100%. Every vehicle,Every Time, Every Second. We must be 100%.
We can't have a off day. We can't just make a mistake. From the time you throw open the doors, till they get closed, you are to be 100%
 Yet we work with machines CERTIFIED by people who do not live by those same rules.
 And on top of that We get graded on how a vehicle is taken care of. Yet we have no control over that vehicle.

 The price we pay, our families pay because we can be humans, is just to FUCKING HIGH.

Re: Bad probe wire ?

Johnnybeme
You know the solution? Charge More and be Happy! Also have a Merry Christmas!

Re: Bad probe wire ?

  I agree also Kfworry , its pure nitpickery , bullshiaterry and power playing on the BARS part .
      Merry Christmas fellow smoggies and a Prosperous new Year !

Re: Bad probe wire ?

Kevin
Look the program from the past has nothing to do with the present or the future I'll date myself a little bit under the original program I have go back far enough that I have zeros at the beginning of my original smog ID.. I did smogs under my dad's license under an apprentice program that no longer exist with the bureau under the bar 84 program gives you an idea how long I've been in this game. And that program has nothing to do with the current one.   I've been down that road myself and one of the reasons why currently I am a no score is I was accused of performing illegal smarts at 1 point my career and  And so when the license came up for renewal I chose.to not to renew the license. .. I think the reality is as most of us are doing on a honest smog but still get drug through them mud by the  Bureaucracy of government that governs our  industry. And why this industry has such a high turnover rate and there's not too many of us old guys around anymore.