Bar 97 software update

alldsd1motor
Recently updated the Bar 97 software, connected the evap machine and now its failing for evap purge data. Called opus and I was told I have to buy a new Evap tester or I can lease one through them. Anyone else having issue with the software update?

Re: Bar 97 software update

I'm going to pull the trigger on the Opus/Waekon software update tomorrow afternoon, and I'll see if we run into any hardware snags.  If we do (and I can't smog any LPFET vehicles until service arrives next year) I'll have to discover a way to deal with the profound disappointment.

Re: Bar 97 software update

I know you;ve probably already tried this, but did you shut down and restart everything, and also do one last download via the phone line on the EVAP?
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: Bar 97 software update

805smogtech
alldsd1motor wrote
Recently updated the Bar 97 software, connected the evap machine and now its failing for evap purge data. Called opus and I was told I have to buy a new Evap tester or I can lease one through them. Anyone else having issue with the software update?
when it fails to purge data, don't abort!!! just hit enter and try and purge the data again until it goes through. i have noticed that most of the time it takes at least 2 or 3 "purges" before it transmits any data and allows me to continue and run the evap test. hope this helps.

Re: Bar 97 software update

Best Answer I Can Give
 I have had nothing but problems with the Gas Cap part. It will not pass the second part.
At least they fixed it so it doesn't shut down every night.

Re: Bar 97 software update

alldsd1motor
I tried rebooting it, data file refresh, communication with evap machine and its still failing purge. I think its BS that Opus recommend buying a new evap unit or leasing it instead of fixing the software update. I'm thinking about switching to Worldwide if they dont fix the issue

Re: Bar 97 software update

444O444
go to station manager functions
once you there there will be an option Evap tester record purge
do it couple of times that should solve the problem

Re: Bar 97 software update

I hate this update. Did an data transfer via the phone line before I did the update. I have a Delphi, that stupid short cord doesn't reach jack shit. Already ordered a 25ft cord which I still think might be to short.

anyone know if the cord needs to be connected the whole time the evap test is running?

Re: Bar 97 software update

Evil Morty
you can disconnect it when performing the test
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Bar 97 software update

805smogtech
No One wrote
I hate this update. Did an data transfer via the phone line before I did the update. I have a Delphi, that stupid short cord doesn't reach jack shit. Already ordered a 25ft cord which I still think might be to short.

anyone know if the cord needs to be connected the whole time the evap test is running?
I think it really depends how it is set up. I can't disconnect until it is completely done because it is time synched. I tried and it made me start the evap portion all over again.

Re: Bar 97 software update

SoCalSmogGuy
Evil Morty wrote
you can disconnect it when performing the test
Not on ESP Gen 3
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Bar 97 software update

kfworry
805smogtech is right.
When the ESP/OPUS Gen 3 Fails EVAP purge, try it again and again.
It has worked for Me many times.
Patience is required people.

Re: Bar 97 software update

Evil Morty
i disconnect it all the time when performing the test on my esp Gen 3 im using the delphi
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Bar 97 software update

does anyone know if I have to update the dlphi machine? Its asking me to do an upload via the phone line again.

EDIT: So that 25ft cord I bought is not compatible with the smog machine I guess...and also im able to do the test while its disconnected, like evil morty claimed.

Re: Bar 97 software update

SoCalSmogGuy
Evil Morty wrote
i disconnect it all the time when performing the test on my esp Gen 3 im using the delphi
Sweet I'll try the same and share results
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Bar 97 software update

SoCalSmogGuy
No One wrote
does anyone know if I have to update the dlphi machine? Its asking me to do an upload via the phone line again.

EDIT: So that 25ft cord I bought is not compatible with the smog machine I guess...and also im able to do the test while its disconnected, like evil morty claimed.
Had same issue with Amazon cable. ESP tech hooked me up with one from his van and it worked
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Bar 97 software update

Your situation might be due to the difference between a "pass-thru" cable and a "null-modem" cable.  I still have the wimpy null-modem cable hooked to my Gen3, then a 25' pass-thru my boss bought somewhere going to my Waekon.  The little screw locks don't work where the cables connect to each other, but a zip tie alleviated that little issue.

Re: Bar 97 software update

timmy
SoCalSmogGuy wrote
Evil Morty wrote
you can disconnect it when performing the test
Not on ESP Gen 3
You can disconnect the EVAP from the Gen3 only AFTER purging data and BEFORE pressing "continue" on the screen that tells you to input the last 4 digits of the VIN into the EVAP.

Re: Bar 97 software update

Evil Morty
i disconnect it when it says performing test after the 4 digit prompt
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Bar 97 software update

805smogtech
I connect after the gas cap test, purge, purge again because it failed the first purge (LOL), enter the 4 digits, start evap hit continue on bar 97 screen...beep beep its done, click continue on evap, continue again after it shows graph, then continue again after i have disconnected the pliers or unhooked the vapor hose. then once evap machine is back at home screen, bar 97 takes 5 seconds or so to get results, and then I finally disconnect.  Seems to work best for me. Or you can be like Evil Morty and connect then disconnect then connect again. Seems both ways work. Your results may vary