Bar-97 update

BasicTech678
did anyone else read the news letter, its a bitch to find lol, inside it has this article

BAR anticipates the adoption of regulations requiring
compliance with the new BAR-97 Emissions Inspection
System (EIS) specification in summer 2018. The
proposed regulation removes current requirements
for the transfer of data from BAR-97 Smog Check
equipment to BAR’s Vehicle Identification Database
(VID) through traditional analog phone lines and
replaces them with requirements for the transfer of
data through a standard Internet connection. Two EIS
equipment manufacturers (Snap-on and SPX) have
informed BAR that they will not be participating in the
update. Stations that use Snap-on and SPX BAR97
analyzers may need to purchase new equipment
to comply with the new Smog Check Program
requirements.

main concern is in bold dose this mean our spx drop dead date ( love that term besta) has been extended from jan 31????

Re: Bar-97 update

Best Answer I Can Give
 I think it's now a case off FALL DEAD.  It dies so does your ASM. No ASM Machine No STAR.

 Did you know Opus will not lease to you unless you are STAR?

Re: Bar-97 update

Did you know Opus will not lease to you unless you are STAR?
Where did you hear that from?

Re: Bar-97 update

Best Answer I Can Give
 To answer the question for all. The Opus guy\salesman told me I think.

 Why they would not rent to you is beyond me. If you can pay the bill why take it back? I have my ideas but?

Re: Bar-97 update

Iconcur
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
To answer the question for all. The Opus guy\salesman told me I think.

 Why they would not rent to you is beyond me. If you can pay the bill why take it back? I have my ideas but?
 my esp sales guy is a dick. you can ask kfworry for details lol, in summary he is the sales guy for the smog books in the area and he jumped to selling machines just a sales tactic in my opinion. the whole reason i even switched to WW was because of that guy lol.

Re: Bar-97 update

kfworry
It boils down to a battle between ESP/OPUS and World Wide
as to which analyzer is better.
The ESP/OPUS sales person for northern California
is "slamming" World Wide for not being BAR compliant.
Yes, the ESP/OPUS sales person also sells the Motor Manuals
This is the "new world" we live in today.
And it is "pathertic"!!!!

Re: Bar-97 update

kfworry
Human beings acting like animals.
Fighting for territory

Re: Bar-97 update

kfworry wrote
It boils down to a battle between ESP/OPUS and World Wide
as to which analyzer is better.
The ESP/OPUS sales person for northern California
is "slamming" World Wide for not being BAR compliant.
And it is "pathertic"!!!!
lol worldwide just stopped by and said they are the only approved system so far, and opus was barely submitting their system which hasnt been fully approved whos telling the truth.

only thing i like about ww is they claim they replace the whole computer drawer instead of diagnosing on the spot has any worldwide customer seen this yet? that sound like it saves alot of time vs part switching and waiting for warm up to clear. but ww asking 25k and need financing through a bank. opus is 16k but only 1 yeAR WARRANTY. ALSO has any one who had a delphi evap been told they are not compatible with new esp machine??

Re: Bar-97 update

INLANDSMOG
Besta, didn't we just have a conversation about this? LOL