Bar showed up

BasicTech678
my local bar rep showed up. told me they recently sent an undercover vehicle to my shop.  i properly didnt certify it. told me good job on that. but explained that i failed to provide a written estimate prior to performing the inspection. Also i failed to check tire pressure. told me i can opt out of checking tire pressures with a proper customer decline if the customer chooses to. otherwise check the pressure. handed me write it right pamphlet, and copy of the tire pressure law etblast. along with a station inspection report i needed to sign. it was a " proactive Conference". gave me his card, hand shake and was on his way whole thing under 10 min. didnt have me calibrate or check any of my stuff. not my usual rep but was cool guy.

Re: Bar showed up

Re: Bar showed up

none
D wrote
...An inspection is not maintenance or repair,...
I think BAR would disagree.

Re: Bar showed up

how would you word the tire pressure decline? basically something the customer can inital and move on with the inspection.
initial here X______ if you would like to decline the required tire pressure check.?? or something more technical?

Re: Bar showed up

Re: Bar showed up

Karupt
we have a customer refuse to add air . initial line . Yes i hated the new regulation , wonder if they will change it due to "no such thing as climate change " being proven by scientists .

Re: Bar showed up

My Name is Nobody
D wrote
I think they need to start consulting better lawyers before writing this stuff.

(6) “Automotive Maintenance or Repair Services” includes, but is not limited to, the performance of any automotive diagnostics of or repairs made to a motor vehicle.
This tire pressure regulation applies to all automotive service providers performing or offering to perform automotive maintenance or repair services in California.

“Automotive Service Provider (ASP)” is any business or person who that performs or offers to perform automotive maintenance or repair services (including, but not limited to, automotive dealerships, maintenance garages, oil change facilities, tire centers, and smog check facilities)

Re: Bar showed up

My Name is Nobody
BasicTech678 wrote
my local bar rep showed up. told me they recently sent an undercover vehicle to my shop.  i properly didnt certify it. told me good job on that. but explained that i failed to provide a written estimate prior to performing the inspection. Also i failed to check tire pressure. told me i can opt out of checking tire pressures with a proper customer decline if the customer chooses to. otherwise check the pressure. handed me write it right pamphlet, and copy of the tire pressure law etblast. along with a station inspection report i needed to sign. it was a " proactive Conference". gave me his card, hand shake and was on his way whole thing under 10 min. didnt have me calibrate or check any of my stuff. not my usual rep but was cool guy.
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/EO-withdrawn-d280-78-tp5058276.html;cid=1498576182993-563

Re: Bar showed up

Re: Bar showed up

Wrote up\Written up\\\\\ What ever you call it. What happens? Zero Zip Nothing.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Bar showed up

I just check all tire pressures for every vehicle I inspect or repair, and write the pressures (or a reasonable excuse for not doing them) down on the bottom of the VIR.  If the tires are above the door jamb pressure spec but at or below the max sidewall pressure spec I will leave them alone, because some people get offended if I adjust the pressures down.

Ee

Re: Bar showed up

Ee
Do you remember the car? Can you share what was missing on it.

Re: Bar showed up

BasicTech678
.
Ee wrote
Do you remember the car? Can you share what was missing on it.
it in my previous post when i found the vehicle the same day. we figured it out before they showed up.
few post down under 02 accord straight pipe.