Barcode scanner Wireless

Peter
Any good recommendation for wireless barcode 2D scanner.  I prefer Motorola DS6878 but they are getting very expensive. Any cheap alternative under $80 will be prefered. Thanks

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Best Answer I Can Give
 Last time I went cheap, NEVER AGAIN.

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Able
Yeah, I need a new one as well. Mines giving me problems already

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Voltron
Any recent updates.  My faithful uniden is dying and im in the market.  This one was great but unable to read the new chevy QR crap.  Kinda struggled with metallic vw labels but read them upside down fine.  Any way unless i hear better just gonna stick with this figured Id ask here first.

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Voltron
Anyone have this one?
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Barcode-Scanner-Transfer-Distance/dp/B06XQ2HP8T

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Best Answer I Can Give
Last time I needed one, I bought a Wasp. NEVER AGAIN.

 Been looking I'm not going cheap. I'm looking at closer to $150 to $200 range.
Cheap is no good if you are trying 15 times to make it read.

my uniden was like 60 and it lasted over 3 years.  So ill gamble on their 2d for $65 unless theres a better one someone else points me towards

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Voltron
Technically it works fine if plugged in and not wireless, but i like wirless
iha

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

iha
Uniden Model MS842P Wireless 2D scanner. Standard on New WW 5000 series Bar 97. Yes, a wireless 2D scanner on a Bar 97 machine. Rock solid and probably expensive.

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Voltron
iha wrote
Only $493 on amazon

found it as low as $173.  Ill have to think about it.  The read up is much like my $60 find.  I can always return and up grade though.  I appreciate the input

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

Voltron
welquic makes a nice 1d scanner for 75 that works good im finding

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

We have both the QR reader and the wireless barcode reader I'll have to admit I was a little hesitant on the QR reader but it seems to be working really well and makes it easy for guys who have damaged the magnetic strip so that I can't use it on the strip reader

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

WealdstoneRaider
Just bought this bad boy and couldn't be happier. One week so far smogging 20+ daily no issues yet.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Symbol-DS6878-Cradle-Wireless-2D-Barcode-Scanner-BlueTooth-New-Batt/172031278675?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

No One
WealdstoneRaider wrote
I just saw the video of the guy from your profile pic today

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

I bought the same scanner from the same Ebay seller and am really happy with the scanner and the guy I bought it from. If I needed another one I would not hesitate to buy the same bar code scanner from the same guy.

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

yalo
I bought 7 scanners from this vendor. I purchased with additional power supply, since Windows 10 on some computers (HP and Dell) has  issues with usb ports power supply. It wont let you charge scanner using USB cord only, apparently its a very common issue. With external power source to cradle everything works fine. All scanners are working well for a few weeks now and only one unit had problem with loose power cord, I just replaced it with the spare one, without contacting vendor. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DS6878-Wireless-Barcode-Scanner-CR0078-PC1F007WR-Cradle-Symbol-Motorola-NEW-BATT/193007806838?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

planters
Tried several wireless scanners before I found one that can actually scan barcodes off the vehicles
not just paper DMV notices. And doesn't cost an arm and leg for 80 bucks. Many wireless scanners seem to have problems scanning off metal or through glass.

Been using it over a year now still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GJGKQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Re: Barcode scanner Wireless

none
planters wrote
Tried several wireless scanners before I found one that can actually scan barcodes off the vehicles
not just paper DMV notices. And doesn't cost an arm and leg for 80 bucks. Many wireless scanners seem to have problems scanning off metal or through glass.

Been using it over a year now still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GJGKQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looks good for the money but it isn't 2D though.