Barry's Quiz of the week.

What is this part?  For a bonus, tell us why many thousands of perfectly good ones are buried in land fills.

Old schoolers, please wait 24 hours before answering.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Hard Nox
 It is not digital. Has nothing to do with walking and texting.

 I have probably been in a hurry and forgot 1 or 2. I do recognize this piece.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Your EO# clearly puts you in old-school territory, so I thank you for your non-specific answer.

Actually, the one I'm holding is the last from my stash, and I might not even bother to re-stock.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Ground strap HEI distributor coil.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Johnnybeme
Sorry I did not read the 24 hour part, my bad. Get something harder next time. :o)

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

barrym95838 wrote
Old schoolers, please wait 24 hours before answering.
I had this image stored to my Google Drive last night.  I was going to post it later today, but Johnny already pulled the trigger.

BTW, why are there many thousands of good one buried in land fills?   I've always reused the ones found in the bottom of the cap.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

 I was thinking, a Rudder for a duck's butt. So i guess that was wrong.

 It would have made me really think one of those, Damn I know it, and then go Dumb shit you knew it.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

I swept this up today and thought some of you older techs must recognize this.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Midnightdrummer
I've got an extra one of those laying around in my garage! Just put a coil and module in my Nova the other day. You don't even HAVE to remove it so i'm guessing a bunch just get tossed in the bin.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

smwalker
None that VW Bug DNA?

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Hard Nox
I recognize that square piece of metal.  24 hrs for us old timers would be fair.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

VW Oil Deflector Plate!

Reminded me of the crankcase side plates on the best engine ever made.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/assembling-270ci-offenhauser-indycar-engine-step/

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey it's fun. Trouble is it reminds me of some State smog test.
 A million years back, "What is the Black box used for?' Well if you were a VW guy you knew. The Computer.
GM, Ford , and any one else who didn't work on VW was screwed.

 Another one was. Find the ground for the Oxygen sensor. It was a Ford wiring diagram. If you didn't know Ford called it a EGO or a HEGO, screwed again.

 I believe that is why we now have a "Composite Vehicle"

 Hey keep it up, it's fun. The Oh shit I know it, what the F is it, I have replaced it, is kind of fun to me.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

I don't know if I should be hijacking this thread or making one of my own, but I LOVE these!

OK, 2001 Saturn with an intermittent "miss" or "loss of power" or whatever...I looked and looked and test drove  and couldn't find anything, so I gave the car back and told the customer that the next time it happens do this and bring the car back to me.  No waiting period for old-schoolers, let 'er rip.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Mash it against the rev limiter in Park until it throws a rod?

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

tampered
barrym95838 wrote
Mash it against the rev limiter in Park until it throws a rod?
I said I took it for a test drive!

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

Did it have TCS?

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

tampered
D wrote
Did it have TCS?
It can, if that helps to provide the answer.

Re: Barry's Quiz of the week.

I had a Lincoln come in with intermittent loss of power and no DTCs, but I finally figured out that the tires weren't all the same size, and the stability system was right on the edge of triggering while accelerating ... sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't.