Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

BlueSky
Rudys Smog Indio busted for illegal smogs they were charging $450 per smog
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/accusations/rc-278556_2017_09_26_dec.pdf

Los Compardres Smog in Fontana - Employees went to jail for illegal smogs
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/accusations/tc-274203_2017_09_01_dec.pdf

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

Able
I felt bad at first ....but then I think, NO! This is GOOD!

Cheaters need to be punished so us honest shops can do our job and survive. Cheaters make it impossible for honest shops to survive.

Plus I don't want my kids to breathe bad air.

Good job BAR!

Wish BAR also focus on making the STAR program better.

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

Troll
Its only the tip of the iceberg.  We'd be floored to actually know how dirty smogs are being done

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

Question for the group..

Have any of you issued a certificate on OIS using a VIN# or License Plate that was off a digit that resulted in your customer receiving their tags?

I wonder how much clean plugging is actually going on daily.  Almost $1K for 2 clean plugged certificates, easy money.  Dirty money, but easy.

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

When I'm bored I go on offer up or the facebook marketplace and search smog ''help''. One shop quoted me $180 and another $200 to pass a straight-piped race car I made up I own.

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

I didn't feel sorry for those guys for even one second. They knew what they were doing was wrong and illegal but still did it anyway.

Texas is cracking down too. http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Houston-man-accused-of-more-than-700-fraudulent-11267065.php

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

scanner wrote
Question for the group..

Have any of you issued a certificate on OIS using a VIN# or License Plate that was off a digit that resulted in your customer receiving their tags? ...
Do you think they had an inside guy at DMV or a shop doing DMV services maybe?

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

locopoco
scanner wrote
Question for the group..

Have any of you issued a certificate on OIS using a VIN# or License Plate that was off a digit that resulted in your customer receiving their tags?
I knew a guy who had a car in the Mexico which he wanted to bring it back to Cali after 10 years(originally the car was here but then he drove it there and stored it there,1976 Nova),but the problem was that the registration VIN number and the pink slip Vin # was off by a digit and he couldn't get the paper work to transfer so he  found a registration service guy who knows a guy in the DMV and they easily changed the digit without inspection and issued a new paper work ,the cost ?$400.

I think they knew a dirty guy in the DMV who helped them with this under cover car,otherwise there is no way he could get the tags with missing digits.

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

 Like I put down, 2 are known in one small town. 5 in the next closer town, and 15 in the town south of me.

 Honestly, where I live the only one person that people would think was doing it was ME, and I REFUSE to do one.
I do not know of one person or shop you could ask in this town that would do it.
 With OIS you have to be a complete FOOL and IDIOT.

 What has me worried is the vehicle with the VIN you cannot scan. Seat belt gets taken out the label.
It's not a vehicle that has the VIN in it. You get SLAMMED, and the PID's don't match.
You KNOWINGLY did nothing wrong.
There was no extra pay. There was no pulling a vehicle in to cheat, Hell the cheater was the owner of the vehicle. The Cadi, GMC thing. The how many times have people asked you to put this mileage in? (Sorry can't do that)
 A HONEST shop under BAR thinking can now be out of business.

 Under the present BAR thinking? That's what scares me. The shop is at fault. The owners of vehicle would never cheat.

Re: Before the BAR Put This Shop Out Of Business - Illegal Smog $450 each

They fought the law and the law won !