Berkeley people

Voltron

Re: Berkeley people

RussellJames

Re: Berkeley people

Voltron
Not my coupon. BUt we price match. and it was a prius

Re: Berkeley people

Does the 21 include the certificate? That's heavy

Re: Berkeley people

Voltron
Yes its a $12.75 coupon for ois cars only smog. Plus cert of course

Re: Berkeley people

RussellJames

Re: Berkeley people

Voltron
I dont like doing it either for that but im hourly so i just ring em up and get in line. if its older and they dont like my added fees I tell them to take the coupon to the place that issued it a mile down the road and see how much their add ons come too.

Re: Berkeley people

Just be ready for the failed bs, and "i thought there was a free retest"
we cant lower/whore ourselves out cause it just messes with the flow of good customers,
but do whatever

Re: Berkeley people

Just the Facts

Re: Berkeley people

Troll
Ruth chris is very nice. The ten dollar potato is a wow.
we liked the sf better than the walnut creek
house if prime rib is also a winner-sf

Re: Berkeley people

Voltron
You gotta try House of Prime rib in the city if it's still around. Ruths is good but over rated

Re: Berkeley people

Meh, steaks are fine (my dad grilled an exceptional one a couple of years ago), but I would be just as satisfied with a nice omelet from Denny's, so the extra cost would be wasted on my handicapped taste buds.

Re: Berkeley people

FRUSTRATED
Sadly in my humble opinion the biggest threat to our Industry is not BAR with their undercover runs, it's not the machine repair companies bending us over with no lube when they break down, it is idiotic shops that will drag the prices down to a point where it won't make sense to be in business.  When you consider all the minutia of expenses to keep your door open, it just makes my blood boil to see desperate people think that by lowering their prices and in essence their self worth that it is a good thing, it is actually quite the opposite.

Rent

Electricity

SGS communication fee

$412.50 purchase of certs fee

paper/toner/pens plus general office repairs such as lighting, laptop craps out, a short somewhere, etc

Water, coffee, creamer (if you stock)

Workman's comp

Advertising (those that do)

Bank fee

Annual emission control manual fee

merchant fees

city license/bar license(s)

Obamacare Insurance fee

postage

security

*for Mark those 2 or 3 yearly Assholes that you just give their money back to since they are ruining your day with their complaining and nagging about their fail

mandatory landlord insurance for the building

Oh yeah, pay yourself if owner and pay the technician a fair wage

So where exactly would there be profit with a $21.00 smog?  Even if getting really cheap rent, there is still this boatload of other expenses and I'm sure in my rush I missed some (Barry help me out with any expenses I may have missed)

Re: Berkeley people

justa
Banned User

Re: Berkeley people

FRUSTRATED
Good point Justa, when you are down, not only do you get squeezed with high amounts to repair and maintain, but the customers lost in addition to the lack of $$ coming in.

Add these to my prior list

Subject to State holding renewal notices for lack of funds at State for example

Subject to volume fluctuation depending on car sales for the year that is first due, for example this year 2009 models, new car sales were shit that year, therefore we are bound to be lower in volume from 1st year wave across the state.

Re: Berkeley people

RussellJames

Re: Berkeley people

Johnnybeme
Russell, I am proud to be associated with you on this forum. All we need is about 7,000 more shops that take themselves seriously and respect the program as a highly skilled profession.

Charge more and be happy!

JM