Besta box.

Re: Besta box.

In 1985, when I was 19 years old, I was at my absolute peak; I didn't just know everything, I was also invincible.  It has been a series of small peaks and valleys ever since, but that magical moment in time is gone forever ...

Re: Besta box.

Best Answer I Can Give
 The older I get, the dumber I was.

 Do you KNOW that if your parent's have no kids, the chances of you having will be none.

Re: Besta box.

No it's just that Basic is young and thinks he knows it all. Now Besta is a OLD FART and KNOWS, he (besta) doesn't KNOW SHIT. I KNOW that. I'm a NOTHING.
false i never once questioned your or anyone on this websites intelligence , we all have same or similar certifications so we are all smart enough to be in this industry. i do however question your personal use of this forum. that is and has been my only "problem" with you. think your an idiotic moron? no but annoying yes kind of, but also realize your older and probably only use this platform as sort of a social media outlet. based on other users talking about it along with my self i know im not alone. however given the latest solution i am satisfied and ready to move on .

you think besta might not know shit, all i know is JUSTA was a cool guy and his past post were  very informative. something clicked and boom we got stuck with selfish besta

enjoy

Be Kind to the counter man.

 You KNOW, the service writer. The flunky that pulls them in and out. The person dealing with the vehicle owner.

 Son, who is that guy, is leaving. The amount of CRAP that he KNOWS. Teaching the new person all that CRAP. Not looking forwards to that.

Re: Be Kind to the counter man.

Re: Be Kind to the counter man.

deathbysmog
To the box please.

Re: Be Kind to the counter man.

Best Answer I Can Give
 So put it here Mr Barry. All the things tell me you have a problem being NICE to the people you work with.
My advise is and was WORK RELATED.

Re: Be Kind to the counter man.

Paint Pen and a EO#

 Never seen this one before today. Mustang comes in No EO. He comes back with a EO# painted on the tube.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

wow amazing you dont say

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

law is law

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Never seen this one before today. Mustang comes in No EO. He comes back with a EO# painted on the tube.
To be honest, I thought this was rather smog test related.

I would check the part against the manufacturer's web site images to make sure it's the right EO# for the right part but then it saves me looking it up in the future.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 Not ME, but a aaaaaaaaaasssss of a CHP officer in this town will look for the sticker. Several of them, in fact. NOT on vehicle, TOW. Plus it "Must be on the shock tower."
And that is what I tell people. Sorry no sticker, NO PASS. Plus is that not the way it is to be?

 I am not going to put up with some cop because the consumer did not do what they were to do. No tickey No Laundry.
Years back he was "Going to close me down for doing illegal smog check."

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

none
The BAR rule book said if there isn't a label we need to look it up, so I do. What the CHP will do is not my problem as it's not my car.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

The BAR rule book said if there isn't a label we need to look it up, so I do. What the CHP will do is not my problem as it's not my car.
chp dont have to answer to the bar rep, we do sticker or no sticker we have to look it up regardless.

customer comes in with print outs, written on the firewall, hood, part it self look it up they might be saving your time, some customers keep the eo with the registration form. its all the same shit we cant fail for not having a label you can ABORT it but why do that

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 Just why is that? The LAW say's LABEL. Yet we can bypass the law. Yet miss a UC, IE bypass a law and you are in trouble.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

... The LAW say's LABEL....
Can you show me that in writing?

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 Nope. But that is what has been hammered in to use. Why make the label if you don't need it.
Hey I'm just trying to keep the driver out of the cross hairs of the CHP ass. Who want's their car towed. Straight from the CHP guy. I will have it towed.

 Me I could care less. I fell the EO number is a scam. Sure they checked every one of those CAT EO Number's. Just another way to collect fees.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Nope. But that is what has been hammered in to use. Why make the label if you don't need it.
Hey I'm just trying to keep the driver out of the cross hairs of the CHP ass. Who want's their car towed. Straight from the CHP guy. I will have it towed.

 Me I could care less. I fell the EO number is a scam. Sure they checked every one of those CAT EO Number's. Just another way to collect fees.
who cares what CHP says
In cases where the emission control label is missing or
illegible, the inspector may proceed with the inspection provided that the required emission
controls can be determined using other sources as described in section 1.3.1

Aftermarket Parts Label: CARB approved or exempted parts are subject to CARB
aftermarket parts labeling requirements. These requirements specify that Aftermarket Parts
Labels (APL) must be affixed or stamped on approved/exempted parts or, if not practical,
installed near the approved/exempted parts. The labels are required to contain an EO number
that can be used to verify CARB approval or exemption, as outlined in section 1.3.1. Note: A
missing or illegible APL does not constitute an inspection failure. In cases where the label is
missing or illegible, the inspector may proceed with the inspection, provided the parts can be
confirmed as CARB approved or exempted by comparing the part number marked on the part
with the CARB EO parts listings or the parts manufacturer catalog.
12345