Besta box.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

BasicTech678 wrote
In cases where the emission control label is missing or
illegible, the inspector may proceed with the inspection provided that the required emission
controls can be determined using other sources as described in section 1.3.1
Some of us may, but I don't.  I punt.  [Edit: I punt for missing EO#s anyway; for a missing or incorrect VECI label I go to the ECSA and proceed with the inspection, and only punt if the ESCA is wrongfully telling me I should fail it.]

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

BasicTech678
yup nothing wrong with that, or even charging a fee to look up EO not present but you cannot FAIL it for NO EO label.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

none
I agree with both statement above but I am reversing my opinion on moving this thread. It DOES belong in the BS BOX.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 Where is the Law\Rule?
It's in the box. It's welded to the header.

 Do you honestly think that any of the cold air people, the header people, the aftermarket people would spend the TIME and the MONEY if they didn't HAVE TO?

 BAR is breaking rules by letting us bypass the label.
Why do you do timing? Fuel cap, any of those things. We do it because it's the RULE\LAW. K&N are not going to make up labels unless they are told to.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

none
BAR rules vs CARB rules.

In order to sell it they must certify it with CARB but, as an example, A cold air intake for a diesel MUST have a CARB EO# to sell it in California but we are NOT required to verify it by BAR.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 So in the end you get the CHP idiot telling you it needs a label, and then tow's the vehicle. The CHP and the owner of the vehicle you passed comes down on you as the ass.

 So you tell the owner that there is asshole CHP officer that will tow the vehicle, and you don't want that,IE you are now the good guy. You have now helped the owner of that vehicle. GOOD GUY. He comes back.
Make the CHP look like the bad guy.

 No argument. No CHP officer trying to close you down. If it does get towed, WHO'S THE BAD GUY? Plus you have FOLLOWED the Rule\Law as it was written.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 CARB rules and then BAR Rules? No wonder there is no love lose between them. CARB makes the rules and then BAR goes Fuck You? GEE I wonder what would happen if we tried that.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

I agree with both statement above but I am reversing my opinion on moving this thread. It DOES belong in the BS BOX.
LMAO agreed

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 You are forgetting the BIGGEST factor about no label. THE NEXT IDIOT. He don't KNOW. He dings you.

 I don't test them and ding the last guy. I just tell them to get the label. How many DON'T DING

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

If a CHP officer came here spouting that nonsense I wouldn't hesitate to offer him or her a free education on the subject, after I made a note of his or her badge number.

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

BasicTech678
barrym95838 wrote
If a CHP officer came here spouting that nonsense I wouldn't hesitate to offer him or her a free education on the subject, after I made a note of his or her badge number.

when ever you are cited for vehicle mods, you are given a notice to drive straight home, vehicle is only allowed to drive to the repair station and then referee station. referee must sign off on it. if you are caught driving anywhere else then they can and will take your car for min 30 days.... going to try and find the actually "LAW" . sounds like that chp officer is stretching the truth and a dick

Re: Paint Pen and a EO#

Best Answer I Can Give
 YES the guy is and was a DICK. So why put up with him. Fix the vehicle as it should be. No hassle by the CHP dick. No mad owner because his vehicle got impounded, and no chance of a ding if it goes to a shop that just loves to ding other shop's.

 All of those EO# are required to be on aftermarket parts. Why does the BAR NOT FOLLOW THOSE RULES
If it was not a rule the aftermarket people would sure as HELL not spend the money to make those labels. Labels COST THEM MONEY!

Please NO.

 One of the questions and one of the problems with being TO, is repair.
As part of my "It didn't pass" thing i ask them who they use to do repair. Yes I tell them to take to a State approved shop, but some times it "well I use so and so. I will take it to them"
You just want to look at them and say, " You mean Mr. Hack and Slash." PLEASE NO.

Re: Please NO.

Re: Please NO.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Say's the man who will not step up to the plate to even take a SWING and a MISS.

Re: Please NO.

Say's the man who will not step up to the plate to even take a SWING and a MISS.
whatever that means, you were giving a spot specifically for your personal rants please use it we have a handful of new members lets keep them around and not turn them off with your views / stories. we dont need to be click bated with your attention seeking subject lines

Re: Please NO.

Best Answer I Can Give
Say's the man who KNOWS nothing or very little about the STAR program.

Re: Please NO.

Say's the man who KNOWS nothing or very little about the STAR program.
lol if you say so, i have a star score dont I? if i wasnt an owner my hands would be tied like everyone else. star program is optional and in a basic area not a huge concern. im the one who knows nothing but like every other time ur stumped you abandon the thread

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2013-mustang-gt-boss-engine-td5075997.html

LMAO im done with this besta box post

Re: Please NO.

Best Answer I Can Give
 You know nothing because if you did you would KNOW that when he takes it to MR Hack and Slash that just fucked up your FPR. Mr Hack and Slash will JUST MAKE IT PASS. He will not fix it right.

Re: Please NO.

Best Answer I Can Give
 If you KNEW anything about the STAR program, the last thing you would say is it belongs in the BOX.

 What is this site all about?  The CRAP that goes against us that we have no control of,
Any shop that FAILS a vehicle and are told that they will take it to the person that always fixes the vehicle, KNOWS they will probably be SCREWED by the STAR Metric.
 EXACTLY why the STAR Program needs to be stopped.

 If the person fixing the vehicle did a good job, chances are it would not have failed.

This type of shit happens those who hold a STAR.
This was not a rant about some off the wall shit. It was a rant saying as how we should get together and stop the STAR.

 How in the F can you be STAR rated? What is your IGS score? Wait you have none. You don't have a Dyno. So how can you compare yourself to those who have stepped up to the plate. Spent the money to get all the right stuff.
If you do have a STAR score one more reason it needs to be STOPPED. It has different rules for different areas and people.
 Each and every one of us that is STAR rated had to agree, MR Hack and Slash will screw up your score and there is not a DAMN thing that can be done about because the consumer can take and get repairs any DAMN place they want. So your place it in the Besta box. Screw you it has to do with what we deal with daily. The F ked STAR METRIC.