Brake and Lamp.

fartvalve
Just took and passed them! Another credential to add to my resume.
The brake adjuster test was not that bad but the Lamp was something else.
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Brake and Lamp.

Able
Congrats

Will you be using it soon at your current location?

Re: Brake and Lamp.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Do they still have the STUPID question of "How many Coach Lights can you put on a Limo?"

Re: Brake and Lamp.

Best Answer I Can Give
Oh, and Congrats. Here come the weirdo's.

Re: Brake and Lamp.

fartvalve
I got a limo question but it was in regards to wiring. It was stupid like should all lights be wired to the parking lamp.

Able, I am working something out with the owner to get commission from the inspection portion.
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Brake and Lamp.

congrats oneway fartvalve !

Re: Brake and Lamp.

mikesmobile
There was talk of others taking the brake and lamp test a while back.
Anyone else do it?
Mike

Re: Brake and Lamp.

Midnightdrummer
I just recently had to renew mine (Snuck up on me). I took the Class A brakes test and barely passed. It has air brake questions and not going to lie, I know nothing about air brakes. Also the lamp test. They aren't TOO bad, but there are a lot of very specific questions they expect you to know. I highly recommend taking this practice test first. Its a little long, but it'll help you out.

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=my-california-state-lamp-test

Re: Brake and Lamp.

mikesmobile
This practice test only covers the Lamp portion ?
Says it's the Lamp test?
Mike

Re: Brake and Lamp.

I let my lamp certification expire need to recertify it one of these days I keep my break certification current because at 1 time it was needed when I worked on a fleet of fedex vehicles. Other than something to put on my resume honestly I don't know why I keep it because I actually haven't done a break certification in  a long time

Re: Brake and Lamp.

Kevin
But congratulations and I hope your employer gives you more money

Re: Brake and Lamp.

mikesmobile
here's is some helpful info to prepare for brake and lamp.
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/Brake_LampExam_Handbook.pdf
Mike

Re: Brake and Lamp.

mikesmobile

Re: Brake and Lamp.

Midnightdrummer
Ah yeah, sorry that is just the lamp portion. But I think that is much harder than the brake portion. The brake one has questions similar to the A5 Brake ASE, so I would study that as well.