CAP Out of funds

Johnnybeme
If you are referring customers to the CAP program be aware there are no funds till July, if then.

JM

Seems like funds ran out quickly???

 Charge more and be Happy!!!

Re: CAP Out of funds

Midnightdrummer
Are you referring to the vehicle retirement portion or the whole CAP program?

Re: CAP Out of funds

scanner
Midnightdrummer wrote
Are you referring to the vehicle retirement portion or the whole CAP program?
Just the retirement program.   They have a gang of money for repairs.   Retirement program should be going by the first business day of July.

Re: CAP Out of funds

BasicTech678
scanner wrote
Midnightdrummer wrote
Are you referring to the vehicle retirement portion or the whole CAP program?
Just the retirement program.   They have a gang of money for repairs.   Retirement program should be going by the first business day of July.

wow that was super fast

Re: CAP Out of funds

freaking joke program for repairs.
all cars are worthless for repairs.
retirement is the only way which makes sense

Re: CAP Out of funds

Troll wrote
freaking joke program for repairs.
all cars are worthless for repairs.
retirement is the only way which makes sense
After reluctantly participating in the ritual polishing of many dozens of POS CrAP vehicles over the last two decades, I must agree with your assessment.

Re: CAP Out of funds

kfworry
The irony about the CAP thing, the knuckle heads want the older cars off the road,
yet they use the "Smog Abatement Fee" on newer cars to fund the CAP.
Total BS!!

Re: CAP Out of funds

BasicTech678 wrote
wow that was super fast
The fiscal year is from July to Edit:July June, not calendar year.  Still the money only lasted about 3 quarters.   It looks like the retirement program is very popular.

I agree with the thought that most CAP candidates for repairs are usually huge POS.     I'll only perform CAP repairs on OBDII era vehicle, and the customer has to have the right attitude.   I think within the last 12 months, I've done 2 CAP repairs.

Re: CAP Out of funds

My Name is Nobody
Johnnybeme wrote
If you are referring customers to the CAP program be aware there are no funds till July, if then.

JM

Seems like funds ran out quickly???

 Charge more and be Happy!!!
There are still plenti of $ and programs for vehicle retirement through out the State.

http://www.replaceyourride.com/

http://valleyair.org/grants/titu.htm

http://www.aqmd.gov/home/programs/community/old-vehicle-scrapping

https://arb.ca.gov/msprog/avrp/avrpeo.htm